The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Aug 02, 2005, 05:34pm
Official Forum Member

Has anyone noticed that on two occasions this year, the #2 man on a crew has been injured when a crew chief has left? A few weeks ago, this was the case with Charlie Reliford's crew, and starting tonight, it is the case with Mike Reilly's crew in Cleveland. In both instances, Larry Poncino left Gary Darling's crew to become an interim crew chief. Does anyone know if MLB is grooming Larry for a crew chief position, or is he just the lucky guy who gets to fill in this year?
Old Tue Aug 02, 2005, 05:55pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to scottyman51
In both cases guys in the few dont have enough years behind them to be called "the acting crew chief". If Jeff Kellogg was not injured he would be the acting crew chief.

It's possible they may be setting him up for a crew chief within the next couple years in umps like brinkman,Froemming(unfortionatly). Larry may be willing to leave his crew or maybe MLB feels he can be trusted..The only thing we can do is wait and see if anyone retires,at less someone has inside info.

[Edited by scottyman51 on Aug 2nd, 2005 at 07:18 PM]
Old Tue Aug 02, 2005, 09:49pm
Official Forum Member

รดยกรด

WOBW
Old Wed Aug 03, 2005, 10:43am
Official Forum Member

Tim C....................

Pardon my internet vocabulary ignorance, but what does "WOBW" stand for ?

Doug
Old Wed Aug 03, 2005, 12:39pm
Official Forum Member

And how in the world does that relate in any way to this topic?
Old Wed Aug 03, 2005, 05:39pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to SoCalUmp Send a message via Yahoo to SoCalUmp
Quote:
Originally posted by mattmets
And how in the world does that relate in any way to this topic?
I am pretty sure the "WOW" is directed at the stupidity of this thread.
Old Wed Aug 03, 2005, 05:46pm
Official Forum Member

I still don't understand he did not say WOW he said WOBW. He has said this in multiple threads, but I don't get it. You got me stumped.
Old Wed Aug 03, 2005, 05:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I am pretty sure the "WOW" is directed at the stupidity of this thread. [/B]
If you don't like the thread don't effing read it....why do you always have some kind of smart @ss answer for everything anyone says?
Old Wed Aug 03, 2005, 11:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
I am pretty sure the "WOW" is directed at the stupidity of this thread.
If you don't like the thread don't effing read it....why do you always have some kind of smart @ss answer for everything anyone says? [/B]
probably because we dont need a thread about every single umpire and their status

pretty soon there will be threads titled "tim tschida" and the post will say "drove his car to the airport yesterday, i saw him."
Old Thu Aug 04, 2005, 12:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
pretty soon there will be threads titled "tim tschida" and the post will say "drove his car to the airport yesterday, i saw him."

You saw him too, Brian?!? I thought it was just me. I thought it was him, but since you saw him too it must've been him.

COOOOOOOL

Old Thu Aug 04, 2005, 12:35am
Official Forum Member

OK well next time someone posts that Jim Reynolds wore a blue shirt to dinner, let me know. I'm posting about something ENTIRELY RELATED TO UMPIRING. If you don't like it, don't read it. Sorry I enjoy talking about umpires and umpiring....I thought that's what this board was for....
Old Thu Aug 04, 2005, 09:58am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
OK well next time someone posts that Jim Reynolds wore a blue shirt to dinner, let me know. I'm posting about something ENTIRELY RELATED TO UMPIRING. If you don't like it, don't read it. Sorry I enjoy talking about umpires and umpiring....I thought that's what this board was for....
well, there are the umpires, but where's the umpiring?

btw, I saw CB Bucknor wiping his nose the other day. I was going to stay quiet about it, but the excitement overcame me.