The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jan 06, 2005, 11:29am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
My friends tell me that I misinterpreted you earlier this week, that I didn't understand what you were trying to say. Because of my misunderstanding, I was unjustifiably rude and offensive, and I apologize. I'm not concerned about your feelings, since you don't ever get hurt by words. But I don't like what my rudeness does for me. I don't like to look inside and see the person I become when I say the kinds of things I did. So please forgive me, and I'll work on being more careful in my reading of the posts. Heck, if you buy the house next door, I might even bring you a batch of cookies!
Old Thu Jan 06, 2005, 11:33am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
My friends tell me that I misinterpreted you earlier this week, that I didn't understand what you were trying to say. Because of my misunderstanding, I was unjustifiably rude and offensive, and I apologize. I'm not concerned about your feelings, since you don't ever get hurt by words. But I don't like what my rudeness does for me. I don't like to look inside and see the person I become when I say the kinds of things I did. So please forgive me, and I'll work on being more careful in my reading of the posts. Heck, if you buy the house next door, I might even bring you a batch of cookies!
My favorite cookies are chocolate chip. And I'll cut your lawn if you have one. Hope you have a good day.
Old Thu Jan 06, 2005, 11:48am
Huck Finn

Quote:
I'm not concerned about your feelings, since you don't ever get hurt by words.
Uh, I thought I agreed with you on this one about words hurting. I have a different issue and we've talked about it through email although it didn't really change. But I'm good anyway. Whenever I can talk about basketball I'm OK.
Old Thu Jan 06, 2005, 12:28pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Guys - I know Juulie personally and I can say that if she felt the need to post this, she is totally and completely sincere about it. To my knowledge, she has never said anything mean spirited about anyone.

I've known literally hundreds of officials in my career and I don't know of any who are as dedicated to improving and moving up as Juulie. She comes to this board to learn and to share and if anyone messes with her, they'll have to answer to me. Of course, that doesn't really mean much, but remember - I am the captain of the US Olympic Sarcasm Team.
Old Thu Jan 06, 2005, 01:47pm
Official Forum Member

Mark

When were you appointed as capatin of the team? I thought I had it all sewn up and you tell me I am out?

I am going to go sit down and have a heart to heart with the coach. Unofrtunately I will be asking to take your job away from you, but of course we know who the strongest leader or the team really would be now dont we. I cant believe you sucked up so bad to get the position.

Old Thu Jan 06, 2005, 01:56pm
Huck Finn

I'm cool with all you said Mark. I just wish we didn't have this "running to the rescue" going on. When a member has something happen in their life or officiating career I'm all for someone else sharing this information but I don't like when someone feels like they have to defend someone else. You know rainmaker so this doesn't apply to you but I don't even think the two parties know each other besides this board sometimes. It just seems sort of "cliquish" to me. I hope I'm not blasted too much.
Old Thu Jan 06, 2005, 03:09pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Kelvin green
Mark

When were you appointed as capatin of the team?

Right after I learned how to spell "captain".
Old Thu Jan 06, 2005, 03:21pm
Official Forum Member

Juulie,

While your apology is not necessary it is most heartedly accepted. I viewed that part of that discussion simply as people having to agree to disagree. I most certainly did not take your comments as "unjustifiably rude and offensive".

BTW, unless you move to Texas your safe on the batch of cookies
Old Thu Jan 06, 2005, 04:31pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by tomegun
I'm cool with all you said Mark. I just wish we didn't have this "running to the rescue" going on. When a member has something happen in their life or officiating career I'm all for someone else sharing this information but I don't like when someone feels like they have to defend someone else. You know rainmaker so this doesn't apply to you but I don't even think the two parties know each other besides this board sometimes. It just seems sort of "cliquish" to me. I hope I'm not blasted too much.
Quite honestly, it's not any of your concern.

Why should you care if there are those on the board who also communicate by email, or even telephone? It doesn't mean that there's not a relationship. It doesn't mean that we can't side with or against someone on an issue. Your view just seems sort of childish to me, as in "They won't let me play with them."

Nobody here agrees on everything. But there are those of us who have been here several years, have discussed many things and agree on a great many of them. Therefore, we share the same views on many items. If that bugs you, oh well.
Old Thu Jan 06, 2005, 06:01pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref

Would someone please email tomegun & tell him he's invited to sit at the cool kids table tomorrow.

Old Thu Jan 06, 2005, 06:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref

Would someone please email tomegun & tell him he's invited to sit at the cool kids table tomorrow.

You do it Dan. Part of being the coolest kid, is setting a good example, isn't it?!? (gag-me-with-a-spoon smilie)
Old Thu Jan 06, 2005, 08:30pm
Official Forum Member

Rain,

Can you get upset with me so I can have some cookies?
Old Thu Jan 06, 2005, 09:13pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref

You do it Dan. Part of being the coolest kid, is setting a good example, isn't it?!? (gag-me-with-a-spoon smilie)
Not me kid.

I'm cutting class tomorrow.
Old Thu Jan 06, 2005, 10:45pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

That's it!!! I'm telling the principal on all of you.

BRAAAAAAAAAAADDD!!!!!
Old Fri Jan 07, 2005, 01:40am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PS2Man
Rain,

Can you get upset with me so I can have some cookies?
Only if you move in next door.