Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to bobbybanaduck
butch is not a coach.
Old Mon Jun 23, 2008, 10:48pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Quote:
Originally Posted by TussAgee11
So you're going to welcome a physical confrontation with a coach?

What did you think was going to happen after coach reached down for the base and then U3 put his foot on top of it? How was this going to end peacefully at that point?

Granted, coach was a lunatic... but don't try to physically stop him from doing something. Then he's going to turn physical on YOU.

I don't look at it as "welcoming" a physical confrontation. But I've never been one to worry about a coach trying to get physically aggressive with me either. I simply don't believe in letting someone put their hands on me. I could never work professional ball because I'd never be able to put up with some of the crap they have to.

Tim.
Old Mon Jun 23, 2008, 11:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigUmp56
I don't look at it as "welcoming" a physical confrontation. But I've never been one to worry about a coach trying to get physically aggressive with me either. I simply don't believe in letting someone put their hands on me. I could never work professional ball because I'd never be able to put up with some of the crap they have to.

Tim.
What level or for what organization do you work that condones, tolerates or encourages umpires to either initiate physical contact or retaliate physically? I know of none.
Old Tue Jun 24, 2008, 12:46am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUmpire
What level or for what organization do you work that condones, tolerates or encourages umpires to either initiate physical contact or retaliate physically? I know of none.
Indiana Penal..................

Seriously though, if you feel it's alright for a rat to push you around and not defend yourself, that's great. I'm not that compassionate. They can yell at me, kick dirt on me, and act like total idiots around me, but if they were to put their hands on me, all bets are off. And please don't try to make me out to be some fight mongering bruiser on a ball diamond. I don't condone violence, but I do condone self preservation....................

Tim.
Old Tue Jun 24, 2008, 09:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigUmp56
Indiana Penal..................

Seriously though, if you feel it's alright for a rat to push you around and not defend yourself, that's great. I'm not that compassionate. They can yell at me, kick dirt on me, and act like total idiots around me, but if they were to put their hands on me, all bets are off. And please don't try to make me out to be some fight mongering bruiser on a ball diamond. I don't condone violence, but I do condone self preservation....................

Tim.
I don't think of you as a "fight mongering bruiser", just misguided.

When a player throws a punch at another, and the second player retaliates, we dump them both, right.

Why would you expect any different treatment as an adult umpire?