The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 1.33 average. Display Modes
Old Wed Apr 02, 2008, 09:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous67
Alex: From what I've seen in this thread, there isn't a doctor or medical expert present.
Yes, well, thank you for that Captain Anonymouse Obvious.

Quote:
Please select a good primary physician, get references on surgeons and seek second opinions on any advice regarding surgery.
Yes, well, thank you for that Captain Anonymouse Obvious. now the Medical Expert, I suppose.

Quote:
For PT, make sure your surgeon remains actively involved in evaluating both the program and your progress.

Quote:
Any further questions? Don't ask them here. See your doctors.
Hmm, does this mean we can ignore your medical advice?
Old Wed Apr 02, 2008, 09:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interested Ump

Yes, well, thank you for that Captain Anonymouse Obvious. now the Medical Expert, I suppose.

Hmm, does this mean we can ignore your medical advice?
Well I hope you don't mind if I ask the non-medical expert a question . What can I do to avoid getting a sore arm this year? Pitching has brought about feelings of a tear in my bicep. It started 4 years ago, and has been getting progressively worse ever since. Advil does the trick, but I'm wondering if its effects will eventually wear off. I can throw about 40 pitches before tearing up my bicep, but then be fine to come back and pitch the next day. Nonetheless, something isn't right. Any tips or suggestions?
Old Wed Apr 02, 2008, 10:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadaump6
Well I hope you don't mind if I ask the non-medical expert a question . What can I do to avoid getting a sore arm this year? Pitching has brought about feelings of a tear in my bicep. It started 4 years ago, and has been getting progressively worse ever since. Advil does the trick, but I'm wondering if its effects will eventually wear off. I can throw about 40 pitches before tearing up my bicep, but then be fine to come back and pitch the next day. Nonetheless, something isn't right. Any tips or suggestions?
First, you must sign a disclaimer that you will not sue me for my lack of expertise. I'l have Deej send it over.

We have a throwing program that has worked vry well, shoot me an email or Deej and I will send it to you. It's too long to post and I can't stand the ridicule. After you get it, send it to anyone you want except Garth.

Old Wed Apr 02, 2008, 11:34pm
In Time Out

Send a message via AIM to fitump56 Send a message via MSN to fitump56 Send a message via Yahoo to fitump56 Send a message via Skype™ to fitump56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interested Ump
First, you must sign a disclaimer that you will not sue me for my lack of expertise. I'l have Deej send it over.

We have a throwing program that has worked vry well, shoot me an email or Deej and I will send it to you. It's too long to post and I can't stand the ridicule. After you get it, send it to anyone you want except Garth.

email = Garth[email protected]

Don' forget to cut Garth off at both ends.
Old Thu Apr 03, 2008, 02:08am
In Time Out

Send a message via AIM to fitump56 Send a message via MSN to fitump56 Send a message via Yahoo to fitump56 Send a message via Skype™ to fitump56
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadaump6
FYI
Throwing in the cold is a no-no; keep covered up if you have to
If the prolem is entirely in the muscle, then good news
If at the ends, not good news (attaches to bone)
Advil good, Aleve better - better anti-inflammatory which is what is happeneing ot the muscle (inflames, goes away, inflamed, repeat)
This injury is chronic once it starts
Sharppain, bad news; aching good news

Truth - unless something comes up on an MRI, muscle strains like this are a beeyatch; rest will be the numero uno and mucho anti-inflamms and then a very moderated throwing retunr VERY MODERATED like 10-15 tosses up to 50 over weeks not days.
Old Thu Apr 03, 2008, 02:09am
In Time Out

Originally Posted by fitump56
email = Garth[email protected]

Don' forget to cut Garth off at both ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUmpire
Yet another one. Hmmmmmmmmmm. Very interesting.
Hmmmmmmmmmm, it's an email address. Try one, you will find them boring.