Thread: Knee Injuries
View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 27, 2008, 07:00am
Official Forum Member

I had my meniscus removed in 1974 at age 21 (before arthroscopic surgery). It required a 6 inch incision on the inner knee and a 4 inch incision on the outer knee. I spent a week in the hospital and the next 12 weeks in therapy (three times a week). I walked with crutches for 2 weeks and a cane until I was released from therapy.

In 2007, my stepmother had her whole knee replaced. She was in the hospital for 24 hours, a "step-down" center for 3 days, exited there with a cane and endured 3 weeks of rehabilitation. She walks with no limp and she is as mobile as anyone.

All I can tell you is every case is different, your rehab is only as good as your and your technician's efforts and your recuperation is up to you. Listen to the doctor and not the bozo's on the umpire boards that have never been through it. And by the way, Garth did not do what our misinformed neighbor to the North states. Garth was a typical case that had more damage than was presumed. It happens - I was lucky even back then. I have never encountered further injury or problems. Some are not that lucky.

Good Luck

Last edited by bob jenkins; Thu Mar 27, 2008 at 07:34am.