Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Feb 14, 2008, 03:47pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthB
The proper term, I believe, is "Fugly."
I have no taste, I suppose, cause the black one doesn't seem all that bad.
Old Fri Feb 15, 2008, 10:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm21711
Then how are they brand new?
The black one is new to the general public, but MLB guys have been wearing this for the last couple of years. It doesn't look nearly as good as the long-sleeved ones.
Old Fri Feb 15, 2008, 12:13pm
In Time Out

Send a message via AIM to fitump56 Send a message via MSN to fitump56 Send a message via Yahoo to fitump56 Send a message via Skype™ to fitump56
Originally Posted by fitump56
?????

These jackets have been around forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm21711
Then how are they brand new?
Heck if I know, I didn't say they were.
Old Fri Feb 15, 2008, 12:21pm
In Time Out

Send a message via AIM to fitump56 Send a message via MSN to fitump56 Send a message via Yahoo to fitump56 Send a message via Skype™ to fitump56
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadaump6
Does it look really unprofessional to wear ballbags with pouches on the outside for plate brush and indicator. I would never wear one of those.
Note the flip-flop on the answer.

The Ump-attire folks came along and has several new things, the bag being one of them. A smart design that nearly to a one was immedaitely hated by the Old Guard. Why? You would think they had enough things to hate.

It's one of the bonds these Jewels Of Officiating have. You know, like tuffs in a street gang, all their hair slicked back the same. Lotta ex-military left in them.

Btw, ump-attire also rewrote the rules for websites which is why they have been succcessful. They understood marketing, Internet marketing in particular, while the others stood still, they yanked a huge chunk of the retail apparel market.

Back to the Jewels. They are the same ones who argue that a mask has equal protection as a helmet. Which is one other reason they think in circles. A few to the upside of the head, eh? lol
Old Fri Feb 15, 2008, 12:23pm
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg08
I wish they'd stop selling those.....any bag looks better than the friggin' ump attire bag...
My bet is that they can be bought. Yeppers, make themn an offer like $100,00 for the patent and the entire inventory, the rights, everything. Get back and tell us how it went.
Old Fri Feb 15, 2008, 12:28pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
http://tinyurl.com/2wk98k

An excellent bag, nothing shows on the outside, we took the basic desing and improved it significantly for our own use. Scothgard, tighter weave, etc.
Miserable material that looks faded the day it arrives.
Old Fri Feb 15, 2008, 12:46pm
Official Forum Member

I am with Rich, the color does not hold well in those bags. I never used the zipper compartments in them either. The only thing I really liked about the bag was that the material was thick and for some reason I seemed to be able to get baseballs in and out quicker than with the Honigs or Gerry Davis models. But that was about all I could say in the positive.
Old Sat Feb 16, 2008, 12:49am
In Time Out

http://tinyurl.com/2wk98k

An excellent bag, nothing shows on the outside, we took the basic desing and improved it significantly for our own use. Scothgard, tighter weave, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN
Miserable material that looks faded the day it arrives.
Note that we built out own however I have seen dozens and not one faded. Did you send it back?

P.S. The grey bag was much lighter weight cloth.
Old Sat Feb 16, 2008, 12:52am
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klokard
I borrowed the right size BRAND NEW West Vest Gold for an AWL game this evening and took a direct shot right below the ribs. I am black and blue. Oh well, live and learn.
I junked the Gold as soon as I put it on for the same reason.
Old Sat Feb 16, 2008, 07:58am
Official Forum Member

uh oh, fitump thinks we should all have the ump-attire ballbags, if you don't like it you must be against progress, i bet he has one of +pos fancy new indibrushclicker things in one of his zippered pockes. i don't like the bag, i love my wilson gold, and it is still cold here in western new york, now make sure you send another pm, this time say something about, oh, i got one for you, why not try "your mother wheres army boots," or something. hey does your new best friend, you know, MLB umpire mr. drake where one of them there fancy bags you like soooo much. now go wipe your chin and send me another message.
Old Sat Feb 16, 2008, 11:10am
Official Forum Member

My Two Cents...

I'd wear a short sleeve windbreaker as soon as I'd wear a short sleeve dress shirt...

Ump-Attire ball bags do the job, I've never had negative feedback from a partner (Big Dog or Rook), and the zipper is a perfect place for car keys. Though I don't put the plate brush in the pouch, just my indicator.

Can't knock either WV, but I've been wearing a Honigs K1 for the six of the last seven years. It does the job just fine.

AR
Old Sat Feb 16, 2008, 03:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags 11
Ump-Attire ball bags do the job, I've never had negative feedback from a partner (Big Dog or Rook), and the zipper is a perfect place for car keys. Though I don't put the plate brush in the pouch, just my indicator.
Luckily, I officiate only time limited games and use the pocjets for my indicator, plate brush and the countdown timer (which alarm can be heard just loud enough for me and to disturb no one else). I do stow my car keys and a couple of bucks for mid game drinks or food, a flip coin when necessary, all very handy. I am a two-bagger so I use the pockets on both sides.

Quote:
Can't knock either WV, but I've been wearing a Honigs K1 for the six of the last seven years. It does the job just fine.

AR
Konigs as well and their knock-off "cousin" ( the mfg I believe) which is essentially the same CP with a slightly less length and much less expensive.
Old Sat Feb 16, 2008, 05:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interested Ump
a couple of bucks for mid game drinks or food,
Is this a mis-statement? Food and drinks in the middle of the game?
Old Sat Feb 16, 2008, 05:04pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to UmpJM
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins
Is this a mis-statement? Food and drinks in the middle of the game?
Bob,

Considering the content of the author's collective oeuvre on this board, I doubt it.

JM
Old Sat Feb 16, 2008, 05:24pm
Official Forum Member

Those must be time limited games with intermissions.