The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Aug 03, 2007, 04:29pm
Official Forum Member

Angry WHO IS THE PRESIDENT?(politics)

(California) At our little league, we have a constitution but no updated by-laws and no where on there does it state that elected board members have an automatic 2 year term, with that said elections came up this year and our current league president did not allow for certain position to be run for (president being one of them) so after participaing on the board I decided that I wanted to run for president(uh oh) I looked into our constitution as I stated above and found that i would be able to run so come election day my name was added to the ballot running for president and so was our current president me vs him. With some luck I won. Now he is saying that the election is not valid and that we have always had 2 year terms baised on a "gentelmens agreement". Am I wrong here for running and is there anything that would keep me legally from being PRESIDENT come the next season??? ( by the way our current president is on an ego trip)(his way or no way, that's not baseball)
Old Fri Aug 03, 2007, 04:40pm
In Memoriam

Whatinthehell has this got to do with umpiring?

Methinks you're in the wrong place.
Old Fri Aug 03, 2007, 06:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flemmer
(California) At our little league, we have a constitution but no updated by-laws and no where on there does it state that elected board members have an automatic 2 year term, with that said elections came up this year and our current league president did not allow for certain position to be run for (president being one of them) so after participaing on the board I decided that I wanted to run for president(uh oh) I looked into our constitution as I stated above and found that i would be able to run so come election day my name was added to the ballot running for president and so was our current president me vs him. With some luck I won. Now he is saying that the election is not valid and that we have always had 2 year terms baised on a "gentelmens agreement". Am I wrong here for running and is there anything that would keep me legally from being PRESIDENT come the next season??? ( by the way our current president is on an ego trip)(his way or no way, that's not baseball)
Flemmer, The title of the section is Baseball but the title of the forum is The Official Forum. It is a forum for sports officials, not just baseball discussions. For LL items, you might want to try E-TeamZ and go to the Baseball Section. They have a lot of LL people that can help you with these kind of troubles.

Regards
Old Fri Aug 03, 2007, 06:52pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Rcichon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy6900
Flemmer, The title of the section is Baseball but the title of the forum is The Official Forum. It is a forum for sports officials, not just baseball discussions. For LL items, you might want to try E-TeamZ and go to the Baseball Section. They have a lot of LL people that can help you with these kind of troubles.

Regards
Ozzy, I think this qualifies as your first ej this season...
Old Fri Aug 03, 2007, 11:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy6900

Regards
Perhaps a book on grammar might help, too. Granted, this is the Internet and we needn't be the grammar cops, but posts shouldn't be so darned difficult to read. I got out of breath reading flemmer's post.
Old Sun Aug 05, 2007, 06:05pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to umpduck11
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMP25
but posts shouldn't be so darned difficult to read. I got out of breath reading flemmer's post.
"Run-on sentences for Dummies "
Old Sun Aug 05, 2007, 08:15pm

George W. Bush.

Hey, I answered the question the thread title asked!
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Closed Thread