The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Feb 25, 2007, 03:09pm
Official Forum Member

NFLRA President

Who is President of the NFL Referees Association?
Old Sun Feb 25, 2007, 03:34pm
Official Forum Member

Tim Millis

For Immediate Release
February 15, 2006

TIM MILLIS NAMED NEW EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
OF NFL REFEREES ASSOCIATION

Wylie resident and former Big 12 Supervisor to lead NFLRA

Tim Millis, a former NFL official and a resident of Wylie, TX, has been named the Executive Director of the NFL Referees Association (NFLRA). Millis, who has served as the Supervisor of Officials for the Big 12 Conference since 1996, will take over his new responsibilities on March 1.

Millis will become the fourth executive director in the 25 year history of the NFLRA. The announcement was made today by NFLRA President Jeff Bergman.

“Tim is a perfect fit for this job and will be a great asset to our association,” said Bergman. “The position has been restructured so that he will be the first fulltime executive director who is not an active official, and we view that as a very strong positive for the membership.”

“He is uniquely qualified for this position because he has an extensive management background – both in and out of officiating – that compliments his thorough understanding of the profession.”

“I’m very honored to walk in the footsteps Ed Marion, Jerry Markbreit and Bill Carollo who have guided this organization since its inception,” said Millis. “I look forward to working with the NFL and representing this group of professionals.”

From 1989 to 2001 Millis served as a field judge in the NFL and worked two Super Bowls (XXIX and XXXIII) and three conference championship games. Prior to his NFL service, he was a collegiate official for nine years, including five seasons with the Southwest Conference (1984-88). Millis also has 13 years of high school officiating experience in Mississippi, Florida and Texas.

A native of Mendenhall, MS, Millis earned his undergraduate degree in accounting from Millsaps College in 1967. He was the MVP of the Millsaps football team in 1965 and later became a member of the school’s athletic hall of fame. Following graduation, he embarked on a 17 year career with the IRS that preceded 22 years as a self employed financial investigative consultant.

Past NFLRA Executive Directors: Ed Marion (1972-1991), Jerry Markbreit (1992-1999), Bill Carollo (2000-2006)
Old Sun Feb 25, 2007, 04:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
NFLRA President Jeff Bergman
?????????????
Old Sun Feb 25, 2007, 04:34pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Wasn't Hochuli the President of something NFL related at some time?
Old Mon Feb 26, 2007, 07:55am
Official Forum Member

The last time I heard it was Bill Corollo. Hochuli used to be the president. In fact, he was when they last negotiated the contract and the replacements worked that one pre-season until the issue was resolved.
Old Wed Mar 07, 2007, 04:26am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Lookie lookie what I found.

http://www.nflra.org/ which automatically points to http://www.nflra.org/login.php?referer=%2F.

There is no info available to the public. (I'm not saying there should be, merely stating a fact.)

I'm curious as to what's inside, but there's no way in h3ll I'm going to try to guess login/passwords.