The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jul 21, 2007, 09:57pm
In Time Out

Send a message via AIM to fitump56 Send a message via MSN to fitump56 Send a message via Yahoo to fitump56 Send a message via Skype™ to fitump56
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcichon
Cop is a douchebag. I dont know what state you're in but any contact of a game official in any sport in CT is a Felony period.

I'd press charges against him.
Damn straight, Rchicon and you would think that we would get the support of the other Blue, not crappy legal advice.
Old Sat Jul 21, 2007, 10:09pm
In Time Out

Send a message via AIM to fitump56 Send a message via MSN to fitump56 Send a message via Yahoo to fitump56 Send a message via Skype™ to fitump56
Quote:
Originally Posted by UmpLarryJohnson
WOW Fitty, I guess your ARROGANCE wont let you let go.

I said (QUOTED for your TRIAL EVIDANCE, conselor):

I NEVER SAID he FILED -- I ASKED if he TRIED. (see above). THATS what the QUESTION mark means.
HE WOULD have FILED had the COPS let him.
Law school time, take notes.

1) Trying to file charges is when you report a violation and the police are required to act on that report. If they do not, then you can take the charge to the appropriate prosecutor for action (warrant, search, arrest, etc). Talking to a police officer is nothing more than that, talking. 2) Police officers cannot keep you from filing a charge no matter how stupid, banal and idotic these were.

Quote:

It was his INTENT to do so I WAS comenting on.
Well, listen here, Carnac, nowhere did the poster claim he was filing charges, he was relating, and was informed, "the police told me that since I was able to stay on my feet, I would not be able to make any charges “stick” for assault."

Now, if you can show us where the poster claims to have intended to file an assault charge or has clearly claimed that he was intending to file an assault charge, then you will be without error. Please print a log of your mind reading download for all to see.

Since you can't..........
Old Sat Jul 21, 2007, 11:15pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Okay, so he was interested in filing charges but the police persuaded him not to................

Was that so hard?

Tim.
Old Sat Jul 21, 2007, 11:25pm

They call him Mellow Yellow.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Sat Jul 21, 2007, 11:54pm
In Time Out

Originally Posted by lawump
When ball beats runner to the bag, fielder puts the glove with the ball down and the runner does nothing but slide directly into the bag...then the runner is going to be called out.

Example:

R1, steal. Throw from F2 beats R1 by a mile. F4 or F6 gloves the throw and puts the glove with ball down in front of second base well ahead of R1. F4 or F6 then pulls the tag up a little early (probably he doesn't wan't to get spiked). Nothing blatant...just enough for you the umpire to know there was no "actual" tag. R1 did nothing but slide directly into second base (basically giving himself up.) He did nothing (no fancy slide, etc.) to try to avoid the tag.

What do you call?

Quote:
Safe
It's our job to call the game according to the rules. Coaches job to teach the player good tagging techniques and the players job to execute.
If you call an out in the above sitch then at least 2 people have failed to do their job.
Safe? How dare you call the actual result of the play. Obviously, you have not been to the Schools Of Legal Deceit.

Law School?