The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Mar 09, 2007, 11:07am
Official Forum Member

Oops...

Sorry...upon further reflection, you would be correct. However, it should have read "home team had the winning run on base"...the tying and go-ahead runs were on base, and had not yet scored. Guess I should have thought about it a bit more before posting! I think my brain is still scrambled after wandering through the 22-3 2.5 hour affair last night.
Old Fri Mar 09, 2007, 12:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteBooth
You do not need agreements from both coaches and I would strongly recommend getting coaches involved. Before the umpires arrive it is normally the home coach who decides if the playing conditions are safe.

Once the game is in Blues hands, it is now Blues responsibility. Do not need concurence from coaches.

Pete Booth
Pete, of course we dont need coach approval. But common courtesy and proper game management says to inform both coaches of decision, instead of surprising the coach losing at the time.