The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jan 20, 2007, 08:56pm
Official Forum Member

Gerry Davis Sports Discount/Promotion Code-How do you get one?

As everyone who reads my posts probably knows, I use the GD stance behind the plate and wear quite a bit of GD gear (GD high top plate shoes, New-View mask, GD shin guards, Wilson Amara Suede wrap-around mask pads, GD vinyl wallet, had the GD Chest protector made by Diamond and sold it). I really want to order a plate coat from GD Sports and I have e-mailed their Customer Service address asking about the promotion codes that their order form contains. To date I have received no reply. Does anyone know anything about how you get a promotion code or a discount from GD Sports like Honig's gives ABUA members (10%). At that price, a 10% discount would be a good thing. I know that Honig's Plate coats are good but I have short arms (32") and would have to take a Honig's coat to a tailor after I get it so the slightly higher price at GD Sports is justified in my mind to get the sleeve length right the first time. Just wondering. Every little bit helps. Thanks for anyone's assistance.
Old Sat Jan 20, 2007, 09:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorDave
As everyone who reads my posts probably knows, I use the GD stance behind the plate and wear quite a bit of GD gear (GD high top plate shoes, New-View mask, GD shin guards, Wilson Amara Suede wrap-around mask pads, GD vinyl wallet, had the GD Chest protector made by Diamond and sold it). I really want to order a plate coat from GD Sports and I have e-mailed their Customer Service address asking about the promotion codes that their order form contains. To date I have received no reply. Does anyone know anything about how you get a promotion code or a discount from GD Sports like Honig's gives ABUA members (10%). At that price, a 10% discount would be a good thing. I know that Honig's Plate coats are good but I have short arms (32") and would have to take a Honig's coat to a tailor after I get it so the slightly higher price at GD Sports is justified in my mind to get the sleeve length right the first time. Just wondering. Every little bit helps. Thanks for anyone's assistance.
Call them! They will discuss anything with you on the phone.
Old Wed Jan 24, 2007, 04:31pm
Stop staring at me swan.

a promo code is if you're receiving a promotion or discount for your purchase...trust me...if you don't know the code, you're not getting a deal...this is very common in online purchases. maybe your association is getting a bulk deal or maybe they're not being charged a shipping fee or something...many of us who order online will not typically use the promo code field.
Old Wed Jan 24, 2007, 04:32pm
Stop staring at me swan.

but...if anybody has a code they'd be willing to share!...just kidding.
Old Thu Jan 25, 2007, 02:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg08
but...if anybody has a code they'd be willing to share!...just kidding.
http://www.currentcodes.com/
Old Fri Jan 26, 2007, 12:57pm
M.A.S.H.

To get their codes if you aren't getting something from your association, you need to be on their mailing list. You can sign up on their website, towards the bottom of the page right by the "Catalog Request Form" link.
Old Fri Jan 26, 2007, 08:18pm
Official Forum Member

I belong to their web newsletter. I have purchased multiple items from them. I get their catalog. I have e-mailed and called asking for a promotion code and so far, nothing. All I would like is a 10% price break. I see some posts advertising a clinic in Texas in which all attendees get a $50 off certificate from Gerry Davis Sports for attending. My association is strictly Honig's affiliate. I buy from them, too but I really want the Davis custom plate coat. Does anyone have a promotion code they are not going to use?
Old Fri Jan 26, 2007, 08:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I belong to their web newsletter. I have purchased multiple items from them. I get their catalog. I have e-mailed and called asking for a promotion code and so far, nothing. All I would like is a 10% price break. I see some posts advertising a clinic in Texas in which all attendees get a $50 off certificate from Gerry Davis Sports for attending. My association is strictly Honig's affiliate. I buy from them, too but I really want the Davis custom plate coat. Does anyone have a promotion code they are not going to use?
You should check before hand. I know Honig's discounts dont apply to their plate coat, Davis might be the same.
Old Fri Jan 26, 2007, 09:26pm
Official Forum Member

I agree, that's what the lady in customer service I spoke with told me. No discounts or promotions on plate coats. However, the order sheet on the plate coat page has a block to fill in a promotion code. Weird! I'll keep trying.
Old Fri Jan 26, 2007, 10:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I agree, that's what the lady in customer service I spoke with told me. No discounts or promotions on plate coats. However, the order sheet on the plate coat page has a block to fill in a promotion code. Weird! I'll keep trying.
FYI

If youre gonna go Navy, I would recommend the Fechheimer from Between the Lines in Appleton. Better prices, great quality, plus you can return.