The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Sep 28, 2006, 06:45pm
Official Forum Member

1B pivot p.s.

An unfortunate casualty of deleting the first first-base-pivot thread was the description of the Triple-A pivot, in which BU busts inside, watches the BR touch first over his left shoulder and then turns right towards second, hopefully not missing any obstruction or a throw to first behind BR while gaining a step or two on the race to second.

BTW, IMHO: "P***ing" is more vulgar than "pissing" both because it makes the reader think more about the intended word and the asterisks emphasize that the word is too vulgar for polite society. It also implies that the audience (you and I) is too immature and fragile to withstand reading such a vulgar word. Couldn’t we just say that the deleted thread had degenerated into a pointless exchange of derogatory comments among the usual suspects? ****k you for your understanding and patience.
Old Thu Sep 28, 2006, 07:32pm
Official Forum Member

what? ygbsm
Old Thu Sep 28, 2006, 07:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L
An unfortunate casualty of deleting the first first-base-pivot thread was the description of the Triple-A pivot, in which BU busts inside, watches the BR touch first over his left shoulder and then turns right towards second, hopefully not missing any obstruction or a throw to first behind BR while gaining a step or two on the race to second.

BTW, IMHO: "P***ing" is more vulgar than "pissing" both because it makes the reader think more about the intended word and the asterisks emphasize that the word is too vulgar for polite society. It also implies that the audience (you and I) is too immature and fragile to withstand reading such a vulgar word. Couldn’t we just say that the deleted thread had degenerated into a pointless exchange of derogatory comments among the usual suspects? ****k you for your understanding and patience.
Personally, I think Paul L has a point. Every damn thread lately has turned to absolute deification (the site will not let me post the word $hit).
Old Thu Sep 28, 2006, 08:36pm
Official Forum Member

Yeah, well, I didn't lock the 'boundaries' thread either. I was interested in opinions on what the columnist advocates, ie, replay ONLY for questions of fair/foul calls. We already beat the related issue to death (IR for ALL calls).

But, some asinine chatter about whose team sucks harder screwed it up

Such is life.
Old Thu Sep 28, 2006, 10:22pm

Quote:

The word "pisseth" is in the King James Version of the Holy Bible, as in "whosoever pisseth against the wall," so "piss" or "pissing" are not considered bad words, but are in reality the proper words to describe urination.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Fri Sep 29, 2006, 12:32am
Official Forum Member

Sally Pivot

I will not comment on SAlly Pivot or rising fastballs today.
Old Fri Sep 29, 2006, 08:08am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Agreed. If the partcipants will behave, that won't happen.

Quote:
I wrote it with the asterisks because I thought (incorrectly, as it turns out) that the software wouldn't allow "pissing." I used "pissing" instead of what you wrote because it's not as wordy.
Closed Thread