The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Sep 28, 2006, 12:42am
Official Forum Member

pivot at first base

can anyone walk me through the footwork of how to make the pivot at first base when coming into the infield from "A". Preferably, someone who has gone to pro school and is familiar with how they teach it. Please be as detailed as possible. thanks
Old Thu Sep 28, 2006, 12:54am

Quote:
Originally Posted by newump
can anyone walk me through the footwork of how to make the pivot at first base when coming into the infield from "A". Preferably, someone who has gone to pro school and is familiar with how they teach it. Please be as detailed as possible. thanks
We already covered this, don't ask again.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Thu Sep 28, 2006, 06:49am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newump

No. grrrrrrr
Old Thu Sep 28, 2006, 07:16am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
We already covered this, don't ask again.

Seems everyone is very happy this morning. His calls himself "newump" that means he may have not read the post on this topic, so thanks for being so kind to the new guy and helping him out SanDiegoSteve and LMan.

I would respond but I didn't go to a pro school.
Old Thu Sep 28, 2006, 07:57am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRef
Seems everyone is very happy this morning. His calls himself "newump" that means he may have not read the post on this topic, so thanks for being so kind to the new guy and helping him out SanDiegoSteve and LMan.

I would respond but I didn't go to a pro school.
The problem is that the original thread disintegrated into a p***ing contest (mostly involving the usual suspects) and was deleted.

It's a valid question, if we stay on topic.

My take on the answer:

From A, run toward the pitcher's mound. Be sure to avoid F3 on the way.

When you get a step or two on the grass of the infield, plant your left foot. Step with your right foot toward home (this will begin to turn your body to the left). Continue the turn and step with your left foot toward second. Cross your right foot over your left and prepare to take BR to second.

If you time it right, your turn will be at the same time as BR rounds first. Your turn will enable you to see the touch and watch for any obstruction. You will be ahead of BR, so you can take him to second, but you won't have committed to second, so you can easily move toward the first base foul line to rule on a play back at first.
Old Thu Sep 28, 2006, 10:07am

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins
The problem is that the original thread disintegrated into a p***ing contest (mostly involving the usual suspects) and was deleted.
Now wait just a doggone minute here. The original thread was ruined by someone giving bogus information, and was clarified by other posters, myself included. The fact that it disintegrated into something bad is irrelevant, since by that time, the question had been sufficiently answered.

The "contest" could have been avoided by closing the thread once the question had been correctly answered, and not allowed to go on and on. When you took it upon yourself to delete the entire thread, you deleted many good responses along with the drivel.
Old Thu Sep 28, 2006, 10:18am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
you deleted many good responses along with the drivel.
Agreed. But, there were too many posts containing drivel to moderate. So, the whole thread had to go.
Old Thu Sep 28, 2006, 10:22am

Well, you gave a really good presentation on how to execute the pivot from A, so I move we close this puppy down right now, so as to avoid a repeat performance.
Old Thu Sep 28, 2006, 11:18am

Quote:
Now wait just a doggone minute here. The original thread was ruined by someone giving bogus information, and was clarified by other posters, myself included. The fact that it disintegrated into something bad is irrelevant, since by that time, the question had been sufficiently answered.

The "contest" could have been avoided by closing the thread once the question had been correctly answered, and not allowed to go on and on. When you took it upon yourself to delete the entire thread, you deleted many good responses along with the drivel.
Believe what you what to believe, but I read everything that was said. If I have to be one of the usual suspects, so be it. It's only because of slanted views by certain posters. But that's what these forums are all about, whether anyone wants to admit it or not. One upmanship runs rampant. Case closed.
Closed Thread