The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Sep 20, 2006, 04:02pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigUmp56
And I'll just say that now I hope you know better than to allow the nature of the beast to take over and leave the ball in play like you're supposed to.

Tim.
When people post the entire interp from the MLBUM, I can see a little better. I was only trying to have a discussion, not what was and wasn't A better question would be did you know what to do before the thread? I did notice where you were struggling with the last time by concept.
Old Wed Sep 20, 2006, 04:19pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
When people post the entire interp from the MLBUM, I can see a little better.
You're welcome. Now don't call Time on ball four when the runners are forced to advance, and we'll know you learned something.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Wed Sep 20, 2006, 04:20pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
The MLBUM was cited in the 14th post in this thread. You must have just missed it before you made your claim. And no, in the 16 seasons I've been working big diamond baseball I had no idea that a pitch that was caught by F2 when the pitcher balked was not automatically a dead ball. The truth is, I'd never even heard of this MLBUM resource. Maybe someday I'll get a copy. Yea, the LTB had my head going in circles until CBfoulds set me straight. I'm happy to learn from others on some of these forums.

Tim.

Last edited by BigUmp56; Wed Sep 20, 2006 at 04:38pm.
Old Wed Sep 20, 2006, 05:24pm
Official Forum Member

With that general agreement on how it *should* be called, and recognizing that umpires don't always do what should be done (through ignorance or habit), I think it's time to end this discussion.
Closed Thread