The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jul 12, 2006, 03:07pm
Official Forum Member

Talking Dumbest fan ever?

LL Jr Dist LOOOOOOSER'S(and I mean LOSERS) bracket game last night.

Score tied in the bottom of the 7th and the winning run scores from third on a pitch that hit the catcher's shin guard and bounced up the first base line.

A parent yelled at me as I was exiting the field, "Hey Blue! So that is how you're gonna let it end? You're gonna let them steal the game from us like that? That is pure Bull S**T!"

I have been blamed for costing teams games before but, I think that is the dumbest thing that a fan has ever yelled at me.

Let the One-Upmanship begin!

Joe

Last edited by jwwashburn; Wed Jul 12, 2006 at 03:20pm.
Old Wed Jul 12, 2006, 03:18pm
Official Forum Member

Rule 13.013: "If a**hole parent is heard, dead ball, runners return."
Old Wed Jul 12, 2006, 04:18pm
Official Forum Member

14u Championship game: Catcher receives pitch probably mid RH batters box, and batter moves out of the way. Fan behind me, "Blue it's not automatically a ball just because the batter moves." I ignore fans, but said to the catcher and batter, "No, it was a ball because it wasn't over the plate." They both laughed.
Old Wed Jul 12, 2006, 08:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orioles35
14u Championship game: Catcher receives pitch probably mid RH batters box, and batter moves out of the way. Fan behind me, "Blue it's not automatically a ball just because the batter moves." I ignore fans, but said to the catcher and batter, "No, it was a ball because it wasn't over the plate." They both laughed.
yeah, that fan was dumb...but come on--not NEARLY as dumb as mine.
Old Wed Jul 12, 2006, 09:14pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to scottyman51
I had a game where the pitch comes in over the front knee on a short kid,when the ball goes in the catchers mit,its in the dirt. Parent yellow "THAT WAS IN THE DIRT,THE KID NEEDS A DRIVER TO HIT THAT BALL". The guy was just so stupid it was hard not to respond,i said something to the catcher who laughed and agreed that the guy was a moron. I think both the fans you guys talked about are really dumb,but thats the world we live in where its gutta be someone elses fault.Hopefully what i said just made sence,help out if it didnt.
Old Wed Jul 12, 2006, 09:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyman51
I had a game where the pitch comes in over the front knee on a short kid,when the ball goes in the catchers mit,its in the dirt. Parent yellow "THAT WAS IN THE DIRT,THE KID NEEDS A DRIVER TO HIT THAT BALL". The guy was just so stupid it was hard not to respond,i said something to the catcher who laughed and agreed that the guy was a moron. I think both the fans you guys talked about are really dumb,but thats the world we live in where its gutta be someone elses fault.Hopefully what i said just made sence,help out if it didnt.
Your guy is Einstein compared to mine.
Old Wed Jul 12, 2006, 10:07pm
Official Forum Member

I was co-managing a park league, and my oldest son was on the team. He was seven, and it was in 1964. We had played six innings (regulation), and were ahead. We asked the other team if they'd like to play another inning, since there was still light, and some of the boys who didn't play much would get some time in. They agreed, and so did the ump. When we announced that we'd play another inning, a mother came out of the stands, screaming that we were cheating so we would have a chance to win. I explained that WE had already won, and wanted the boys to get some extra playing time, she left with the reddest face you ever saw.

Gotta love parents.

Bob
Old Wed Jul 12, 2006, 10:09pm

This one won't top anything:

Had a guy in an absolutely horrible baseball display, with the score like 22-12 or close to it, tell me after a call that I was "missing a good game." I told the catcher, "yeah, if I could get this one done anytime soon, I could get home and watch it on ESPN." The catcher agreed.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Wed Jul 12, 2006, 10:34pm
Official Forum Member

not the dumbest, but dumb enough for a smile

Runner on second. B/R lofts one in between 2nd and F6s normal position. R2 takes off, realizes not a good idea and heads back to 2nd... crossing in front of F6 twice. F6 gloves the ball, then drops it. Looks like an E6 to me. Defense asks and I say 'no int'. While doing so one of the 'helpers' yells in 'You need to know the ruling on that Blue? The book says he has to go one way or the other'. I just smile and say 'thank you'. Anybody know what page that's on? Can't seem to find it in my book.
SD
Old Wed Jul 12, 2006, 11:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
This one won't top anything:

Had a guy in an absolutely horrible baseball display, with the score like 22-12 or close to it, tell me after a call that I was "missing a good game." I told the catcher, "yeah, if I could get this one done anytime soon, I could get home and watch it on ESPN." The catcher agreed.
That's pretty good.

My standard response is simply "not on THIS field!"
Old Thu Jul 13, 2006, 01:33am
Official Forum Member

11 year LL semi final yesterday, botto of 6th tied 0-0
Man on first. First baseman in on grass, ball hit~between legs of 1st baseman and takes a right turn off of glove. Parents and coaches go ballistic ~ hit the runner ~ he's out. Explained to coach, went past fielder~does not matter if it hits runner~2nd baseman - no chance, hit runner not an appeal play~either we saw it or we didn't. He understood, then asked him if we were at Williamsport and he ran onto the field ~ what would happen to him. Embarresed he went back to the dugout, only after yelling to the parents to be quiet ~ they were right. Amazed I was ?? we were right.
Old Thu Jul 13, 2006, 07:13am
Official Forum Member

"You're missing a good game, blue."

"Yeah, I know, but they scheduled me for THIS one instead."

Has yet to fail to get a laugh from the coach.
Old Thu Jul 13, 2006, 09:28am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jxt127
Not from a parent butttt

Coach tells F2 to ask where the last pitch was. F2 kinda sits there a while them goes ummmm and kinda peeks back. I tell the coach we are not going there. F2 is shaking his head.

It was a pitch-out.
Old Thu Jul 13, 2006, 10:35am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TussAgee11
My favorite is when I had a catcher who's been my friend all day. A pitch comes outside the zone (normally inside or outside, as coaches can't see that well from the dugout). Catcher doesn't even bother to frame it. Coach, after showing disgust with the call yells "(Catcher's Name), where was it?". Catcher replies "ABOUT A FOOT OUTSIDE, QUIT WHINING, BLUE IS CALLING A GOOD GAME."

Coach didn't whine any more. And I had a new friend in the catcher.
Old Thu Jul 13, 2006, 11:13am
Official Forum Member

This thread made me recall a game about 2 -3 years ago. R1,R2, HS playoffs (in canada) Ball is hit to 5, R2 starts to run, % turns towards him, R2 back pedals toward second, 5 follows him rather than stepping on the bag, R2 stops moving as 5 decides throws to 1st then heads to third. Everyone is safe. A fan goes Ape Sh=T, he's right at the fence screaming, He can't run backwards He's OUT!, He's OUT you can't run backwards only Forwards. Now I 'm talking Screaming Redfaced pointing absolutly nuts. So much so the entire game stops and looks at him, everyone wondering what the heck he is talking about. This goes on for 15-30 sec. finally the First baseman, steps forward and screams back "DAD, Shut the Hell Up You have no clue and are Embarrassing us all" Dad shut up. It was funny as hell.