The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 1.80 average. Display Modes
Old Tue Jun 20, 2006, 06:23am
Official Forum Member

This is funny...once again Rut proves his worth to the board.

I believe his response to posts like this is, "Hey get a life and learn that we don't all not have to read what we don't want to. Just because you don't want to talk about it any more doesn't mean that we don't. If you don't like the topic ignore it or do you have to show eveyone that you don't have a backbone? You don't like it, that's too bad. This is a discussion board and we can talk about whatever we want to talk about. Peace"

(grin)
Old Tue Jun 20, 2006, 09:36am
Official Forum Member

Nobody is suppressing your free speech

At least, not Rut or me. The moderators are another story- their board, their rules.

But then, WWTB, I bet if I did an extensive search of your posts, you would never have encouraged somebody to move on, make a point or shut up or anything similar. I won't go there. You get the point.

Rut has every bit as much right to speak and complain of the endless prattling about how the AMLU sucks and you and your fellow replacements were better in every aspect of umpiring as you have to prattle.

"Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it."- Robert Frost

Strikes and outs!
Old Tue Jun 20, 2006, 10:06am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLawyer
Rut has every bit as much right to speak and complain of the endless prattling about how the AMLU sucks and you and your fellow replacements were better in every aspect of umpiring as you have to prattle.
As I read it, Rut was the one trying to dissuade posts on this subject not WWTB. I thought WWTB was simply pointing out Ruts' change of heart on when threads shoud end.
Old Tue Jun 20, 2006, 10:22am
Official Forum Member

Cool

Blo40 Said This And I Even Agree With Him.....go Figure.

*sigh*.....yawn
Old Tue Jun 20, 2006, 10:24am
Official Forum Member

BlueLawyer, you probably suck arguing cases in court! YOUR obvious disdain for people that disagree with your ignorant point of view is on full display when you make untrue comments such as:

"and you and your fellow replacements were better in every aspect of umpiring "

You will NEVER be able to back that statement with anything resembling facts!

As jury leader, I am recommending to the judge to throw your stupid self in jail!
Old Tue Jun 20, 2006, 10:51am
Official Forum Member

Exclamation SCabUMP and I agree???

I never thought I'd see the day...
Old Tue Jun 20, 2006, 11:03am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxblue
BlueLawyer, you probably suck arguing cases in court! YOUR obvious disdain for people that disagree with your ignorant point of view is on full display when you make untrue comments such as:

"and you and your fellow replacements were better in every aspect of umpiring "

You will NEVER be able to back that statement with anything resembling facts!

As jury leader, I am recommending to the judge to throw your stupid self in jail!
The merits of the facts in his comment were not based on the performance of the replacements, rather his comment went to Windy's assertion that they were superior in every aspect. Therefore his comment was not founded on a factual basis.

Motion denied.

Tim.
Old Tue Jun 20, 2006, 11:11am

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
When are people going to turn the page on this? We get it already; you do not like the union's position on scabs. Can we move to another topic and move on?

Peace
I don't believe Rutledge really wants to move on at all. He never normally does, so why should we believe that this is the case here?

What he does want to do, in reality, is to further stir up the pot by referring, once again, to the replacements as "scabs," knowing full well that some individuals on this board are offended by that term. It was a calculated move on his part to inflame and incite certain members of this forum. He no more wants to move on than he is the Easter Bunny.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Tue Jun 20, 2006, 11:21am
Official Forum Member

Smile

what can i say blo40....i must be getting soft.

i have had my say and have beaten this horse to a bloody pulp......

i think it is time for me to move on. good luck with your umpiring CTBLU40.....peace
Old Tue Jun 20, 2006, 11:21am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
I don't believe Rutledge really wants to move on at all. He never normally does, so why should we believe that this is the case here?

What he does want to do, in reality, is to further stir up the pot by referring, once again, to the replacements as "scabs," knowing full well that some individuals on this board are offended by that term. It was a calculated move on his part to inflame and incite certain members of this forum. He no more wants to move on than he is the Easter Bunny.
You're giving him more credit than he deserves, Steve.

Tim.
Old Tue Jun 20, 2006, 11:51am
Do not give a damn!!

It is time to turn the page. Nothing is going to change by what we say here. Nothing is going to change the fact that umpires decided to work those games. If you did not want to see your name on the internet, then you should not have worked the games in this day and age. Twenty years ago the internet was not a big deal and we would not know just about everyone that worked these games. Today, everything is on a camera phone, association lists are put on websites and email and blackberries are something we see all the time.

So if you want to debate this stupid issue over and over again, be my guest. The strike is over and if you feel the AMLU umpires were not considered important by Minor League Baseball, what do you think they think of the ability of these replacements?

Peace
Old Tue Jun 20, 2006, 11:58am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLawyer
This thread will last about another 5 posts before it is locked.

Wrong.....
Old Tue Jun 20, 2006, 12:27pm
Official Forum Member

I can see why calling someone a SCAB would be upsetting and inflamatory. But we are umpires and we have been called names several times before. I guess the difference is that each time someone calls an umpire horrible, that umpire knows that they are not horrible in their own head. So, when someone calls them a SCAB, that umpire knows deep in their own mind that that is exactly what they are. I have said it before...the truth hurts. The hardest arguments I have ever been involved in have dealt with me missing a call and having to defend it. This is no different. These SCAB umpires are in a position where they try to defend their decision to work. They can't compete with the AMLU guys in performance, so they undercut the end result of the dispute. Big suprise there, that is all they have left.

Again, like I said before, every SCAB umpire can sit at home and know that along with being a SCAB they were also baseball's third choice for working their games. And don't go fooling yourself saying that you did a noble thing because little Johnny at the concession stand needs a job too. These teams told their coaches to be ready to go out there and call games from behind the mound. The games would have been played regardless.

So, along with being a SCAB and baseball's third choice, you also know that you are one step ahead of a coach calling pitches and plays from behind the mound.

This is seriously the easiest argument I have ever been in. You guys remain pathetic and you will forever live in the armpit of baseball. Just remember to tell the truth when you give your resume. You are not a professional umpire in the minor leagues unless you went to school, got selected, and earned a job. Otherwise you are an independent league umpire, amateur umpire, or (as unfortuante as it is that this term hurts) a SCAB.

I would end this with something like "Peace" but I know my audience here. There is nothing peaceful about any of these guys defending the SCABS. They are vindictive and demeaning. So take your cheap shots at me, but remember the type of umpire you are talking about. I didn't sit back and talk about going to umpire school. I am not sitting here saying that if I went years ago, I would be somewhere else. I went to school. I got a job. I worked for many years and earned my way to AAA. I was a crew chief in both AA and AAA. I know what I am talking about and I got my answer from baseball. I earned that answer. And for the record, when someone asks me about my umpiring, I tell them that I am a former professional umpire. Not a current one. At the present time, I am an amateur umpire. I am working a few games here and there, but I am no longer being supervised by MLB or MILB umpire supervisors. And no SCUMP, the independent league supervisors don't count. They are not going to promote you if you perform well. At most they will invite you back because you do a decent job. It is not the same as MLB or MILB.

Until you work under that pressure and perform well, you won't know what I am talking about. And that is why these SCABS are so clueless. You believe you did the job just as the AMLU guys. But, you didn't travel for six months away from home, you didn't change hotels and ballparks every 3-4 days. You didn't have the players and managers treat you as equals. They knew what you were and they knew they had no choice but the deal with it. But read between the lines. No one is asking that you guys come back. You were a joke to baseball because you believed them when they said you were an asset to the game. You were nothing but a bandaid. Now accept that and forever know that you took advantage of a group of guys that fought against baseball. Just as quick as you slipped through the back door, the AMLU guys through their performance have thrown your asses out the front door. The truth hurts!

Now take your shots boys...I am a big boy and I can take it!
Old Tue Jun 20, 2006, 12:59pm

I find it funny that this guy can rip people for taking games that were refused by AMLU members, so that regular folks could take in a game, but I can't call him what he is.

It's okay to call people scabs because they don't respect unions, which is their God-given right, but I'm not permitted to call this person a demeaning name as well. Double standard here.

He ended his post with a challenge to take shots at him, but I guess the word "scab" is acceptable, but *** is not.

I loved it when Reagan forced the Air Traffic Controllers back to work. A great day in American history!
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Tue Jun 20, 2006, 01:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMan
Wrong.....
Neither the first nor the last time.

Then again, I wasn't good enough . . . oh never mind . . .

Strikes and outs!