The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 1.80 average. Display Modes
Old Wed Jun 21, 2006, 04:01pm
Official Forum Member

I posted it as a rib.
Ejections happen; they are not always indicative of the umpire's abilities or lack thereof. The media reports, either side, are so biased and ignorant that judging how it should have happened is pointless.
For the record I was asked, and declined.
Old Wed Jun 21, 2006, 05:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
Maybe not in cold weather areas, but where the sun shines most of the time, 150-200 games a season is quite common.
Even in cold weather climes it's possible. This is my 29th year of umpiring, and in early April I passed my 4000th game. I reached this milestone because when I was a stupid youngster in his early to mid-20's, I did WAY too many games for the association that I was in back then. It was not uncommon for me to work 4 games on Saturday, 4 on Sunday, and a doubleheader every weekday.
Old Wed Jun 21, 2006, 05:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUMP
im not defending the umpire here but the player did pop off from his position according to the article. as for the other two ejections if he issued warnings and felt they were throwing at the batter he did what he was supposed to do. in a situation like that i feel you had to be there in that moment and actually working the game. we don't know what had transpired throughout the game.

and being a replacement i read all the things some managers that were mad said about the the umpiring at that time.

so i say they are "RATS" CHESSE EATING RATS....tell him to shut the **ck up and play.

naturally the manager would call his player a class act even though the rat is out on the field running his mouth.

bottom line if he kept his mouth shut he wouldn't have been dumped....

That is the best post you have made yet on this board David.
Old Fri Jun 23, 2006, 08:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Hickman
Here is the deal. I disagreed with the MILB guys in my area working college playoffs. However, I never, I will repeat this, never worked one game. Why my name is on this list, I have no idea. Does anyone have any contact info on who made this list? Chris
Chris:

In case you are still interested, the list was compiled and posted by Shaun Francis, who identifies himself as a MiLB umpire in the Florida State League. He wrote me regarding an email sent to the owner of the site he used to publish the list. He claims he compiled the list from "very accurate" sources and has challenged my claim that there is at least one name on the list that doesn't belong there. His email is [email protected]

Last edited by GarthB; Fri Jun 23, 2006 at 10:02pm.
Old Fri Jun 23, 2006, 09:49pm
Official Forum Member

Does anyone need more proof that some AMLU guys had way too much time on their hands during the strike?