The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jun 17, 2006, 03:58pm
Official Forum Member

Exclamation Emergency Answer Needed

Guys I need a answer ASAP. Cal Ripken Baseball using OBR rules. A coach is ejected from a tournament and has one more game to play. Is he ejected for the one game only or is he allowed to coach that next game.
I need a answer ASAP guys.
Old Sat Jun 17, 2006, 04:19pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Quote:
Originally Posted by PABlue
Guys I need a answer ASAP. Cal Ripken Baseball using OBR rules. A coach is ejected from a tournament and has one more game to play. Is he ejected for the one game only or is he allowed to coach that next game.
There is no provision in the CR/BR rule 4.07 that provides for a mandatory minimum game suspension after a coach has been ejected, tournament rules or otherwise. That being said, since the national tournament hasn't begun yet I think it's best to check with the league TD running the tournament to see if they have such a ruling in place.

Tim.
Old Sat Jun 17, 2006, 10:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PABlue
Sit out the ejected game only. Works the same for players.

Many local leagues have league rules that the coach or player sits out the next game as well. But local league rules are not in play when tournament time begins. For example, there is no more running for the catcher in tournaments. That's a speedup rule (that never speeds things up) that is not used in tournaments.
Old Sun Jun 18, 2006, 12:35am
Official Forum Member

THanks for the answers guys !!!! That's what I thought the ruling was to,the local association wanted me to keep a coach most of the other teams don't like out of the second game.I told them there was no rule and if they wanted him not to coach it was there call not mine.
Old Mon Jun 19, 2006, 10:20am
Official Forum Member

In my Cal Ripken experience there are too many "local rules" being made up to satisfy the politicians running the local leagues.