Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Wed Jun 07, 2006, 09:42am
Official Forum Member

Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIump50
I've watched my sons play high level ball for years, I've seen many a ump call fastball strikes 2-4" below the knees. Is that an unwritten part of the strike zone?
A fastball comes in 3" below the knees it's called a strike and if he's consistent with that call very little is said. Now a curve ball comes in at the knees and if you call it a strike you're an idiot and no coach will ever have you back.
Where's the integrity?

You are amazing. 2" below the knees huh. The ball is 2-1/4" wide so that is a callable pitch. 4" below the knees is a "BALL". Like I said it's perception.

I never called you an "idiot". I never questioned your "integrity". I don't know you.

I don't give a damn if you call the "wormburner" pitch a strike or not because I don't work with you. If you want to call it then call it. Hope it works out for ya.

I get assignments because I am consistent and call the game the way it is meant to be played the one thing I can say is that the college assignments I get (D-1, 2, 3 and JUCO) is because of my integrity, consistency, mechanics and game management.