The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed May 24, 2006, 02:55pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TussAgee11
Undershirt Question

If wearing a light blue shirt, should I wear a black undershirt? (Not the MLB light blue shirt)

Also, if wearing a pullover jacket (regular navy blue), should the undershirt show as red? Or should it be zipped up all the way as to not see the undershirt?

Thanks.
Old Wed May 24, 2006, 03:05pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
I wear a navy blue undershirt when I'm forced to wear a powder blue uniform shirt.

As far as the undershirt with a jacket, who cares if it can be seen as long as it's a coordinated color with the jacket itself.

Remember to bust out those +POS white shirts next Tueday. You ony get to wear them until Labor Day or the fasion police will get you!

Tim.
Old Wed May 24, 2006, 03:13pm
Official Forum Member

Never mind .......................

Quote:
Originally Posted by TussAgee11
If wearing a light blue shirt, should I wear a black undershirt? (Not the MLB light blue shirt)

Also, if wearing a pullover jacket (regular navy blue), should the undershirt show as red? Or should it be zipped up all the way as to not see the undershirt?

Thanks.

I had some real clever stuff to add for your enjoyment, but I'll refrain so as not to offend anyone. I'll just go back to watching "Queer Eye For The Straight Guy". That Carson Kressley just slays me !!!

Doug
Old Wed May 24, 2006, 03:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Thanks.
Why wouldnt you wear navy blue?
Old Wed May 24, 2006, 07:22pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TussAgee11
When the Crew Chief wants to wear Powder for an afternoon game.
Old Wed May 24, 2006, 07:34pm
Official Forum Member

I wear a navy blue undershirt with the powder blue.
Old Wed May 24, 2006, 08:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
When the Crew Chief wants to wear Powder for an afternoon game.
I meant as the undershirt.
Old Thu May 25, 2006, 01:15am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Thanks.
I never wear a red undershirt. Black or blue, regardless of shirt color, is fine. Most of my shirts are V-necks so it really doesn't matter. If I am wearing a jacket, it is very cool, and what I have on underdeath will be a mystery to everyone.
Old Thu May 25, 2006, 01:32am

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG
I never wear a red undershirt. Black or blue, regardless of shirt color, is fine. Most of my shirts are V-necks so it really doesn't matter. If I am wearing a jacket, it is very cool, and what I have on underdeath will be a mystery to everyone.
For the plum 4-man HS games here, the base umpires almost always wear red undershirts with the required navy jersey, so you would have to convince the other two guys.

With the beautiful MLB "Polo" lt. blue w/black trim, a black undershirt looks much better than navy. If you are wearing the ugly lt. blue with the navy/gray trim, or the college red/white/navy trim, then a navy shirt would work well. With the black shirt, a white undershirt is appropriate.

My favorites are the MLB lt. blue or the cream/black in the hot sun, and the black for night games. The cream are very cool in the sun compared with the darker shirts.

I'm just enjoying having a choice for a change, after working with a "navy only" association for so long.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Thu May 25, 2006, 08:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG
and what I have on underdeath will be a mystery to everyone.
Ahhh, but some here are dying to know, just like knowing the MLB umpires' rental-car preferences!