The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mon May 22, 2006, 04:36pm
Official Forum Member

Easton Stealth HSM - Bad Product Support

Bought an Easton Stealth HSM last year. I tried all the others and felt this one was the best as far as fit and looks.

Last month took a foul tip that dinged the face cage up a bit. I wanted to replace the cage so called my dealer. Believe it or not they cannot get replacement cages.

I'm a little stunned as this helmet cost quite a bit and the competition all offer replacement cages as well as other hardware. I phone up Easton customer service and they will not sell a replacement cage. I tried to haggle a little bit but I got nowhere. The cust serv rep I talked to was quite standoffish so I asked for her supervisor. His attitude was pretty much the same as his underling with a, "screw you buy a replacement attitude".

Wow, I've always been a fan of Eastons products. I'm bent because I finally got this mask broken in and fitting perfectly only to find that I can't replace broken parts.

Needless to say I'm miffed. The Stealth is a great mask but if they aren't going to support in a similar manner that their competition I would not recommend getting one.

I've noticed that the TAG Battlegear mask has the exact same shell and inner padding as the Easton model under the Stealth. I'm sure they are made in the same factory. This mask costs almost half of the price of a Stealth and you really can't tell a difference with them on. Buy that or the All-Star if you're looking for a HSM.

Eric