The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue May 23, 2006, 04:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
Steve,

No one is talking about the validity of whether the punch was justified or not. We have been talking about why an ejection was made on AJ. Not sure this ever was a moral discussion about why someone should get punched in the face and how this relates to athletes and everyone else. If that is the case I can think of a lot of reasons someone gets punched in the face. Yes, some words would provoke an every day person far removed from athletics. You also defended the position that AJ should not have been thrown out from what I could decipher from what you were responding to and what you said. I was not talking about morals. I was talking about the reason why a decision was made to eject both players.

BTW, I am a Cardinals fan and I hate everything about the Cubs. So for me this has nothing to do with the teams involved and I have become a fan of the Sox in my stay in Chicago. I am not looking at this issue as a fan; I am looking at this issue as an umpire. This could have been Albert Pujois that got jacked up and I would still feel the same way. If you were not defending the position of AJ not being thrown out, why were you so quick to talk about what happens on a football field as it related to my post? The whole point of my post was to agree that there might have been justification for AJ being thrown out that none of us knows for sure, nothing more, nothing less.

Peace
No, I wasn't disputing that A.J. should be ejected. In fact I agree with all the ejections. I know that A.J. had to go to, and I would have run him too. I was just giving an example of sometimes only the one that gets caught gets penalized. I'm not sure why I said that, but it wasn't that I was disputing any of the ejections.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25