The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Dec 08, 2005, 12:27pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to RPatrino Send a message via Yahoo to RPatrino
Tee, your recent officiating.com article is very, very relevant to me. I too am looking to lose weight. Two years ago I went from 290lbs to 230lbs, using basically the plan you subscribe to. Eating sensibly. I however wish to lose another 40 or so lbs and have been in a rut for about 6 months.

I have registered on http://www.fitday.com, and find it to be exactly what I need.

Thanks again for probably the best "umpiring" article I've read in a long while.

Bob

-----------------------
We are stewards of baseball. Our customers aren't schools or coaches or conferences. Our customer is the game itself.
Old Thu Dec 08, 2005, 01:20pm
Official Forum Member

Hey,

Bob thanks for reading the column.

I have continued on the weight loss. I have currently lost 40 pounds (as of yesterday morning) since 10/20/05.

That is a loss of .8 pound per day.

Thanks for listing the fitday address as this is the critical reason for my success.

Good luck on your next weight loss.

Tee
Old Thu Dec 08, 2005, 02:46pm
Official Forum Member

me too.......

Excellent article! and I registered with fitday as soon as I finished it........

I want to lose 35 pounds before my first game of the year. Which is usually a early season scrimmage in march....

I responded to a thread earlier this week on why I pay for officiating.com. It's the articles that are relavent to my umpiring experience....
Old Thu Dec 08, 2005, 08:35pm
Official Forum Member

Cool

T I want to say this again I like your style! I haven't covered quite as much ground as you but at the age of 43 I have seen the light and realize McDonalds isn't a lifestlye I can have anymore. My doctor to tells me that my overall health is excellent but my weight SUCKS! I guess weighing in at 270 lbs at 6 foot even is not the best thing to do.The doc was amazed when I got on the schales before my last appointment,he sees me doing ball all summer,he kept moving the weight up and up.He thought I went about 230. I had tried different "diets" in the past
to little results,but I like this site you've shown us I can now log in my eating habits and REALLY see what been going to my waistline.
Hopefully I can have as much sucess as you I'm looking at a goal weight of 185 on 8/24/2006.I figure it would be my 44th birthday present to myself to be at my goal weight.
Thanks alot T I love reading your stuff.
Old Fri Dec 09, 2005, 08:51am
Official Forum Member

Again,

Thanks to all of you.

Thanks for reading the column and I am hopeful that even the small effect I have had helps you along.

PA, we may have been body doubles. When I started this I was 6'0 and 270#s. I am now UNDER 230 and having a great time.

Remember one critical issue:

Dieting does not work. Changing the way you live your life does.

Good luck to all of you and please keep us up to speed on how well you are doing.

Again, thanks!

Tee