The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Dec 06, 2005, 07:16am
Official Forum Member

I don't care much for either President.

Thanks for the quick and courteous response. By the way, what is going on with thomaswhite? This seems to be a major distraction. I also read about your shin injury. Try the soccer shin guard, it's really light and very strong.

Old Tue Dec 06, 2005, 07:40am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Carl Childress
Quote:
Originally posted by Pete in AZ
I don't care much for either President.

Thanks for the quick and courteous response. By the way, what is going on with thomaswhite? This seems to be a major distraction. I also read about your shin injury. Try the soccer shin guard, it's really light and very strong.

Great minds....

But, hey, I use the GD stance, so I wear kids' soccer shin guards on my forearms as well.

And I've heard all that junk about taking it and why wimping out isn't necessary.

Amateur umpires in Mexico don't wear chest protectors, by and large. The contusions on their chests are probably large also.

The first umpire to wear a chest protector with upper-arm padding was thought to be a little pantywaist.

Lah, me.

As for the pair of presidents, I disagree with both. But Claude Engberg of the Pioneer League was a hell of a nice guy.

As for the new troll in town, I imagine he's giving WCB nightmares. But, to be honest with you, I have no idea who or what thomaswhite is.

Or even IF.
Old Tue Dec 06, 2005, 06:29pm
Official Forum Member

I agree, Carl. Someone has figured out a way to double post and it looks like he is as clueless in this persona as the other. I loved how he thinks a coach assisting a runner is Obstruction. His insistence on this call bordered on comedy. Thankfully, Bob helped him realize his folly. I believe sepuku may be in order for the lad with the tiny sword.

BTW, the shin guards work. I know a guy who broke his radius and ulna last year (fell off a ladder, not a foul ball). He wears a youth guard over the injury and looks funny after a season in the sun. But, he is fantastic on the dish and he doesn't have to worry about nuisance injuries to his arms. His nickname is BattleBot but he's the one laughing.