The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Wed Jul 27, 2005, 10:42pm
Official Forum Member

Alright, I had this happen tonight in the AA USSSA 12 year old world series.

The batter is up and I am the PU. He lets 2 beautiful pitches go by that are belt high on the outside corner. After both pitches, he throws his hands up and rolls his eyes and head as if they were terrible calls.

So I say to him in a calm manner, "Batter those balls are strikes buddy, you better swing the bat." The next pitch he swings at a ball 2 feet over his head and strikes out, only to again throw his hands up once more as if it was my mistake. Well, he goes in the dugout and tells about the 4th dugout bench assistant coach (probably his dad), that the umpire was talking to him while he was hitting and that's why he struck out.

So in between innings the guy comes up to me in a calm manner and say, "Blue our player said you were talking to him while he was hitting." So I say, "Well coach, he threw his hands up at me twice and was rolling his eyes and head at me, so I told him that the pitches were strikes and that he better swing the bat."

So the guy points a finger in my face and says, "Don't you ever talk to the batter blue, you do your job. Your job isn't to talk to the batter, don't ever do that again." So I say, "Coach, you don't tell me how to do my job, now go and sit down in the dugout." He says "No, I'm not gonna do it, don't talk to the batters, do your job." I said, "Coach, I'm not gonna tell you again, go sit down, I don't wanna hear another word from you."

He refuses and continues to tell me to do my job, so after warning him for about a 3rd time, I finally say, "You're out of here". So he says naturally, "For WHAT!". So the sherriff behind the back stop says "Lets go coach". And the coach takes a while to leave and I tell him, "Coach, you have 30 seconds to leave this field." He says, "Before what, you kick my a$$?" I said, "No, before your team has to forfeit."

Well, he finally leaves, and of course the team was down 9-0 and ended up getting run-ruled. You might be saying, "Why the heck did Dude post this?"

Well, reason being because I want to hear from you how I handled the situation, what I could or should have done, what your thoughts are on the situation, what you would have done, etc. Feel free to critique me, even if that means calling me a f-ing idiot. Thanks alot