The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed May 19, 2004, 06:23pm
Official Forum Member

Angry

First of all let me say that we have the worst Babe Ruth league in the nation...that being said...We have a 13-15 year old division with approx. 12 teams between 2 divisions. Our team is comprised of 6 15's, 2 14's, and 4 13's. Babe Ruth rules state that only 5 15's may be on a team. The same kids have been on the team since they were thirteen year olds. Nothing was ever said or done about the team until this year when we started winning. We have been playing games and all of a sudden we are playing against the first place team and beat them. The next day they filed a protest saying we played 6 15's and that we should forfeit the game. How should this problem be resolved? We need help.
Old Wed May 19, 2004, 06:36pm
Official Forum Member

I would think that the VP of the division and the President of the League would be on the protest committee. If they allowed you to roster the 6 15 year olds for play this year, I can not see them having you forfeit. This assumes you had full disclosure of your roster prior to the beginning of the season.

IMHO, the only course that the protesting team would have would be to go up the ladder to the Babe Ruth District types and turn in your league for the violation. They'd have First Place with no league to play in.
Old Wed May 19, 2004, 07:00pm
Official Forum Member

Each league must forward their team rosters to the District Commissioner and Babe Ruth baseball. Assuming neither said anything the presumption would be they are ok with the exception. This is one of those rules that is often overlooked. The District Commissioner rarely gets invovled in how a league runs their own shop, but is extremely involved in District tournament regulations. As a former District Commissioner, if this was brought to me I would tell the League President to handle it. If I were League President I would call a coach's meeting and ask the 12 managers for feedback on how they wanted me to handle it. I bet 11 of them would say to heck with it and we would move on with the rest of the season.
Old Wed May 19, 2004, 09:52pm
Official Forum Member

at least its not a protest against an umpire =-]