View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 07, 2014, 02:33pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Timeout ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
Nothing in this thread has anything to do with what happens during a timeout.
Not including my own posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmcgowan View Post
Here's the scenario I need help with: After a timeout ...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
Except the play in question occurs after a time out, not a lengthy substitution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG_Ref View Post
A team shall not: Fail to have all players return to the court at approximately the same time following a time-out or intermission.
Caseplay 10.1.9 SITUATION: Following a charged time-out ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
There is no reason a timeout should last more than 60 seconds, and substitutions are the least acceptable reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
Is there some other rule that prevents them from playing with 4 specifically after a timeout or intermission other than 10-1-9?
There are more.

This whole thread is about a person in uniform sitting on the bench after a timeout instead of returning to the floor where he belongs.

There are also posts regarding whether, or not, said person on the bench is a player, or is bench personnel.

It is my contention that said person is a player in both this situation, and in another situation in which an indirect technical foul is not being charged to the head coach because said person is not bench personnel.

The definition of a player in one situation should be the same as the definition in another situation.

Some posters in this thread ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
A player is one of five team members who are legally on the court at any given time ... If B5 does not enter the court, he isn't a player..
... contend that just because the person is not within the boundaries of the playing court (blue line all the way around) that it's impossible for said person to be considered a player. Although I have some other questions about some other aspects of this thread, aspects where, although I have an opinion, I'm unsure of the correct interpretation, I reject that contention (person is not within the boundaries of the playing court, it's impossible for said person to be considered a player) wholeheartedly.

If said person is a player during a timeout, then that person should be considered a player after a timeout, unless a substitution, or a disqualification, occurs, even when they're sitting on the bench. Also, 3-3-1-A-Note tells us that said person is also player after an intermission (although not during the intermission).
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Sep 07, 2014 at 03:05pm.