View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 02, 2024, 10:10am
Esteemed Forum Member

It Was A Dark And Stormy Night ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
... has there been a NFHS change regarding this since 2003-04 (or 2008-09)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
I also recall an NFHS play ruling stating to hold any incoming substitutes while waiting for a DQ’d player to be replaced and then bring them all in. I believe that was in the NFHS Interps and should be in the archive on this website.
The plot thickens ....

2002-03 NFHS Basketball Rules Interpretations
SITUATION 3: A1 fouls out of the game. The Team A coach talks to a substitute and within 15 seconds sends the substitute to the table to report in the game. A Team B player then requests a time-out. RULING: Since a time-out may not be granted until a disqualified player is replaced, the administering official should ask the substitute at the table if he/she is the replacement for A1. If so, the time-out may be granted. If not, the substitute shall remain at the table and the coach must still replace A1 within the specified timeframe before the time-out may be granted. (3-3-1;10-5-1d; 5-8-3b)

2020-21 NFHS Basketball Rules Interpretations
SITUATION 10: A1 fouls out of the game. The Team A coach talks to a substitute and within 15 seconds sends the substitute to the table to report in the game. A Team B player then requests a time-out. RULING: Since a time-out may not be granted until a disqualified player is replaced, the administering official should ask the substitute at the table if he/she is the replacement for A1. If so, the time-out may be granted. If not, the substitute shall remain at the table and the coach must still replace A1 within the specified timeframe before the time-out may be granted. (3-3-1, 5-8-3b, 10-6-2)

Could artificial intelligence really be intelligent? Do artificial sweeteners taste sweet? Is artificial turf turf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Found this on ChatGPT (artificial intelligence): Substitution Process: Only after the disqualified player has been replaced can other substitutes enter the game, provided they have properly reported to the scorer's table. In summary, no other substitutes can enter the game before the disqualified player is replaced. The disqualified player must be substituted first, after which the game may continue and other substitutions may be allowed.
Did JRutledge nail this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I would want to know if the substitute is or can come in for the disqualified player. If so then I am letting them in. If this is not the sub coming in for the the DQ'd player then I might wait until the DQ'd situation is complete or obvious not to confuse the issue.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Oct 02, 2024 at 10:41am.