View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 21, 2020, 02:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRZ View Post
I volunteer at a hospital and I too am bombarded with information, none of which is as cavalier about the dangers of COVID-19 as you seem to be.

I'm also aware of how little was initially known about coronavirus, a plausible explanation for erroneous prognostications and medical advice and information that later changed as we learned more.

You handle medical wastes, I recall you saying in another thread. You have also referred to nurses in a way that suggests that you are neither a doctor nor a nurse. Regardless of your official job title, it's clear from your posts that you are in the "exaggerated peril" or "hoax" camp. Some of us prefer to be more cautious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
There were reports that other people at that rally discovered they had the virus after that rally. So either way, it goes he got it and the fact we do not know where is a problem. So to say let us not worry about that without some level of caution is silly. My wife works in a nursing home and is in a nursing home that has patients with Covid-19 brought to their building. Not everyone is dying, but people have gotten sick. So why put us in harm's way without some better information of how you can contract this virus?

Peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
That's me, and and a lot of other people. Are we expendable? Should we be ignored? Since we're going to die sooner rather than later just toss us to the side of the road like unwanted trash, or maybe put us on an iceberg and let us float away into oblivion.

Since masks do little (maybe some, but not a lot, may not stop the virus but may decrease the devastating effects of the virus) to protect us, we count on others to wear masks to protect us. It's the patriotic and caring thing to do.

Thank you for wearing a mask, even if it does fog up your glasses.

You should ask New York and Pennsylvania's governor's that question. I point those numbers out to show who are the at risk groups.

The caring thing to do is get the healthy people back to work ASAP. N We're doing decades worth of damage to the economy. Not to mention mention what it's doing to the youth. Suicide statistics are growing more alarming .