View Single Post
Old Sun May 24, 2020, 05:55pm
Official Forum Member

So far all of my camps have been cancelled, except for one in Texas which was rescheduled to late June. That ticked me off, because D1 extended the dead period to July, and DII can only recruit on-campus. I'm not so naive to believe that some college coaches won't be there, but I have friends who coach AAU on the East Coast, and they've told me they've cancelled all events for their players until July/August. This is clearly so the assignor can collect a check, and the people hosting the tournament don't have to issue a refund.

I also have another assignor who keeps sending us emails saying that "Our camps will be rescheduled to the late summer/early fall." Sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Staffs are going to be reduced. Also there's talk of rolling back game fees because of financial strains on the colleges and universities.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I do college soccer, and one of the leagues sent our assignor an email requesting that we hold off on bumping up our pay, and it included the details for all sports in that conference. It totals to an extra $20 a game; not per person, but per game. Basketball was adding an additional $5 per person, and they're asking for that to be suspended. Tough times.