The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Volleyball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Nov 03, 2009, 09:11am
Official Forum Member

First Yellow Card

I issued my first Yellow Card last night. The ball was hit into the net, the force of the hit pushed the net into the blockers hands, the ball then rebounded into the offence, tweet four hits. The coach yells, " That's crap." I was R2 so I reach into my pocket pull out my yellow card show it to the R1 who then issued the official yellow card. I then turn to the scorer and watch as they note the offence in the score book. During the next time out the coach thanked me for the card. After the match the coach apologized and thanked me for the card, telling me, " yea I deserved that I was over the line." I'll next see this coach when he is one of my umpires (I am the local UIC) during the spring softball.
Old Mon Nov 16, 2009, 09:17pm
Official Forum Member

First Yellow Card

"That's crap" or "that's b.s." probably get a card from me, pretty universally. I guess it depends upon whether I agree with the comment - lol. The one that gets a card from me (and, happily, I have never gone beyond yellow for high school girls' volleyball) is the wave off gesture of disgust and disrespect. That merited my only card of the high school season for girls' volleyball. The only other yellow card I pulled was to scrape gum off the court. Best use of the card all year
Old Tue Nov 17, 2009, 12:51am
Official Forum Member

I have actually lost my red card. About half way through the season it was no longer in my bag. I suppose I should have one just in case, but i have only pulled my yellow maybe 5 times in ten years. I guess I will add that to my list for Santa. LOL