The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Volleyball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old Sun Jan 07, 2018, 04:59pm
Lighten up, Francis.
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,352
USA volleyball

I'm considering applying for USA Volleyball membership. However, I have a friend who is going through the process and he says it's a nightmare. Multiple websites to join, observations that are scheduled and then cancelled, and more. (He was waitlisted to join an event. When he was told that he was selected to participate, he turned back $240 worth of basketball assignments. Then he was told they didn't have an observer for him, so he couldn't attend.)

Is it worth the effort to join? If so, is there a reference that has a step-by-step guide for the application/approval process?
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old Sun Jan 07, 2018, 07:04pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1 View Post
I'm considering applying for USA Volleyball membership. However, I have a friend who is going through the process and he says it's a nightmare. Multiple websites to join, observations that are scheduled and then cancelled, and more. (He was waitlisted to join an event. When he was told that he was selected to participate, he turned back $240 worth of basketball assignments. Then he was told they didn't have an observer for him, so he couldn't attend.)

Is it worth the effort to join? If so, is there a reference that has a step-by-step guide for the application/approval process?
Where are you located?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old Mon Jan 08, 2018, 08:46am
Lighten up, Francis.
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,352
Western MA
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old Mon Jan 08, 2018, 02:57pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 578
Send a message via ICQ to FMadera Send a message via AIM to FMadera Send a message via Yahoo to FMadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1 View Post
Western MA
Do you have collegiate experience, or just high school?

If just high school, there's a good chance you'll learn more going through an initial USA Volleyball certification process than you've learned collectively in high school.
__________________
Felix A. Madera
USAV Indoor National / Beach Zonal Referee
FIVB Qualified International Scorer
PAVO National Referee / Certified Line Judge/Scorer
WIAA/IHSA Volleyball Referee
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old Wed Jan 10, 2018, 03:29pm
Lighten up, Francis.
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMadera View Post
Do you have collegiate experience, or just high school?

If just high school, there's a good chance you'll learn more going through an initial USA Volleyball certification process than you've learned collectively in high school.
I've just started doing college a couple seasons ago. The process itself sounds extraordinarily convoluted. Is there a step-by-step checklist?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old Wed Jan 10, 2018, 11:49pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1 View Post
I've just started doing college a couple seasons ago. The process itself sounds extraordinarily convoluted. Is there a step-by-step checklist?
Each region is different. Here's yours...

Becoming a USA Volleyball Referee | New England Region Volleyball Association
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
USA Volleyball Changes SCalScoreKeeper Volleyball 9 Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:41pm
Volleyball Dalrymple Volleyball 0 Tue Jul 20, 2010 03:36am
Volleyball anyone? Mark Padgett Basketball 55 Tue Sep 11, 2007 03:28pm
Help with Volleyball PDLeBoutillier Volleyball 3 Tue Sep 12, 2000 10:37am
new to volleyball refjef40 Volleyball 0 Sat May 13, 2000 02:13pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06am.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1