The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Mar 26, 2015, 09:52am
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
What "new" stamp? They've been providing a mark on these masks since 2006, in some cases it was on the bar. Just the simple declaration on the piece of equipment is all that is needed, not a particular sized logo/stamp
I think he/they meant the extra words "at the time of manufacture"; on those that use the side plate instead of the bar.
Old Thu Mar 26, 2015, 09:56am
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
I have not ever found an illegal bat during all of the years that I had to check baseball and softball bats per NFHS Rules. Nor have I had an illegal bat in either sport enter that game per NFHS Rules.
MTD, Sr.
That seems extremely rare, possibly some other force at work.
Old Thu Mar 26, 2015, 09:58am
Stirrer of the Pot

I have no issues checking bats in NCAA play, as long as the teams make it as easy as possible on the umpires by ensuring ALL their bats are present and organized in the order of the list. And after a few times of checking, you'll know where to look for those miniscule model numbers.

My frustration grows when our crew enters a dugout to do the bat check, and the team:
- Doesn't have their bat list completed, or it's completed incorrectly
- Doesn't have all their bats present because a couple of coaches are using them in the outfield, a couple of girls are out there swinging them for pre-game practice (after already going through cage work, for crying out loud)
- Doesn't have the bats in any semblance of order
- Supposedly has all the bats ready for the check, but we can see more bats sticking out of bat bags in the dugout

Most teams are pretty good about it. It's just those few that seem to forget how to get it done right away.
"Let's face it. Umpiring is not an easy or happy way to make a living. In the abuse they suffer, and the pay they get for it, you see an imbalance that can only be explained by their need to stay close to a game they can't resist." -- Bob Uecker