The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed May 23, 2012, 11:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Alex View Post
I have 2 plate's and 2 pair for the bases from Honig's. Since they are the best supplier in Europe! If I wasn't allowed to use my Honig's-stuff, I think I would be almost naked behind the plate! Cap's, mask, pants, base- and plate-shoes, ball-bags (in same color as my pants!), a big bag, compressionpants, socks and for rugby a whistle. Always exactly what I wanted from them, for the right price and on time delivered in Europe! I can even pay in euro's at their site.
On top, the ESF (European Sftball Federation) want us to buy out top shirts, caps and jacked at Honig's-Europe!!!
Alex, they may be the best; can't argue the point.

That said, whenever an association (or NCAA coordinator) "want" you to buy from a specific supplier, you can bet they are getting a kickback (commission).
Old Thu May 24, 2012, 09:42am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlUmpSteve View Post

That said, whenever an association (or NCAA coordinator) "want" you to buy from a specific supplier, you can bet they are getting a kickback (commission).
True but sad, 'cause the individual umpire who's forced to buy something he doesn't really want doesn't see anything from that commission. Again an example of an one-way street top>down.

If I look up, I only see a$$holes. However if they look down, the only thing they see it $hit. The very same they spread over me...

Ik ben niet gek, doe alleen alsof! Gaat me goed af toch?
Old Thu May 24, 2012, 09:56am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlUmpSteve View Post

ASA & Fechheimer, anyone?

OK, I realize they have a legitimate issue with the look of the official uniform at their national events. I even agree with that.

But, they could specify style (e.g. their love affair with western cut non-functional pockets - maybe we should also use the cowboy thumb hook stance, too), and color (use an official color chart definition of "heather gray" if they must), and allow suppliers to provide uniforms that meet the requirements.

The color part of it is a joke, though, since heather gray only remains the "same" color for a day or so in the sun.