The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Oct 29, 2009, 10:24am
Official Forum Member

Fall Ball

For those of you not blessed to be in Texas, fall HS leagues here are simply a tune up for the spring session. Most games, in this area anyway, are time limit and drop dead. They are usually routine. However, my last one last night was anything but routine.

In the course of one 55 minute game, we had virtually every situation you could imagine. There were LBR violations (2); OBS violations (too many to count); ugly fly balls; tags that should have been made but the ball was dropped; a normally routine live ball appeal situation that ended up allowing two runs, rather than being successful; the ball entering dead ball territory on an overthrow (2); runners leaving early; and just about anything one can imagine except, (are you ready for this?), an IP. Both pitchers, though not too terribly accurate, were amazingly legal in all aspects of the rule.

After one, rather obvious, interference call, I see the OC walking toward me. What, I am thinking, could he possibly be here to argue about? He walks up to me and says, rather seriously, "can we just plead ignorance?" It was all that I could do to not totally lose all composure! I finally was able to answer with, "yeah, but it still won't change the call."

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.