The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jul 01, 2002, 06:29pm
Official Forum Member

We had a RAINY weekend and the tournament I was scheduled to umpire was of course.........rained out.........have not had a game in about 2 weeks due to the bad weather............

Soooooooo............daughters drug me to the bowling alley and I bowled 5 games on Saturday...............

Wellllllll................I am now walking around like a 80yo man with bad arthritis...........the problem being...........I AM leaving this Thursday to call a State tournament this weekend............

Question............what is the best muscle rub medications available out there??

I have now also figured out that my umpiring muscles are NOT the same as my bowling muscles.............grin

Joel
Old Mon Jul 01, 2002, 06:42pm
Official Forum Member

Joel,
There's some stuff called "Super Blue Stuff" that seems to work pretty well. Meanwhile, a couple/three Advil, lots of stretching of hamstrings & back, & everything else should work almost as well.

Steve M
Old Mon Jul 01, 2002, 10:03pm
Official Forum Member

Found something new this past weekend. Biofreeze is sort of like Icy-Hot, but they say it is more like Icy than Hot.

Everyone, including myself, believe it's the other way around, but it did help relieve muscle aches. But, then again, so does a couple of Goodies Bodyache Powders.

Old Mon Jul 01, 2002, 10:48pm
Official Forum Member

Good ol' aspirin is not just a pain killer. It is a very good anti-inflamatory medicine - better than Advil if your system tolerates it OK.
Old Mon Jul 01, 2002, 11:00pm
Official Forum Member

Talking Rub a Dub Dub

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve M
Joel,
There's some stuff called "Super Blue Stuff" that seems to work pretty well. Meanwhile, a couple/three Advil, lots of stretching of hamstrings & back, & everything else should work almost as well.

Steve M
Steve is right about the "Super Blue Stuff", but I live in
a community of 2200 people and could not find it when I had
my back problems. Did use Mortin 800 mgms at a time and it
was great. It is a good anti-inflamatory med also.

BTW, where are you calling??

Good Luck - Have fun.

glen
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover."
--Mark Twain.
Old Tue Jul 02, 2002, 05:11pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks for the suggestions guys.........but I could not find any "Super Blue Stuff" (I have seen it advertized on TV) or Biofreeze.........

Jim Rome advertizes "Theragesic" and I could not find any of it either............"man....batting 1000 here"..........grin

But.........the local Eckerds had something called "Tiger Balm" and "Capsaisin"...........

I opted for the cheaper "Tiger Balm" ($5.00 less for the same amount)..........and could not believe how fast and well it worked..........

I have long been knowledgable of the theraputic affects of Aspirin (my favorite) and Ibuprofin (2nd place).........but these muscles and joints were REALLY SORE...........BUT I have never used any kind of cream or ointment for sore muscles/joints...........

I always keep a large bottle of Aspirin and Ibuprofin in my bag (along with Tums and Imodium).........

I am also so anal I carry extra shoe-laces, polish, shoe brush, Fabreeze, extra plate brushes, indicators, ball bag, line-up card holder, and one clean t-shirt/game, etc.........

I have been made fun of at tournaments when someone gets a peek at all the junk I bring...........BUT...........I never have a stinky shirt/pants/ugly shoes/wet cap/etc............

Oh and to glen...........I am doing the ASA 14U in Temple this weekend..........Long/Hot haul............but I am looking forward to it.

Joel
Old Tue Jul 02, 2002, 05:29pm
Official Forum Member

QUOTE Gulf Coast Blue

"I am also so anal I carry extra shoe-laces, polish, shoe brush, Fabreeze, extra plate brushes, indicators, ball bag, line-up card holder, and one clean t-shirt/game, etc......."

Do not believe that is being anal, I think that we all
carry that stuff and more..My wife asks me everytime I
leave - because of the amount of items I have packed, if
I plan on returning anytime soon.

glen

BTW glad you found some relief...Good luck at your tourney.

--Mark Twain.
Old Tue Jul 02, 2002, 06:00pm
Official Forum Member

The only thing I will miss glen is carrying my 10 freshly pressed Elbecos this year.......I did just get my slacks from the cleaners and you can cut butter with the creases..............grin

The Powder Blue pullover is now official for ASA post-season play.........

I still used my Elbecos for League and Local Tournaments..........but NOT ok for State or the NQ I called in a couple of weeks ago..........

I will be bringing 4 ASA pullovers and 2 TASO (unmarked) for this weekends tournament........If there is no laundry at the Hotel..........I may have to resort to my TASO shirts........I figure I will get somewhere between 14-18 games for the weekend..............should be a lot of fun.

I hope I don't die from heat exhaustion..........I have not had that many games in a weekend since last summer............grin

Joel

Also............for those of you who like Intera-Wear...........Walmart has a deal on some 3-M brand material that is like Intera-Wear.

For less than $9 they have short sleeve pull over shirts that are wicking (like Intera-Wear), seem to wear cooler, they are very comfortable, and are very nice looking, with a small Starter logo on the left breast.

Check it out

[Edited by Gulf Coast Blue on Jul 2nd, 2002 at 06:17 PM]
Old Tue Jul 02, 2002, 06:03pm
Official Forum Member

Where is your tournament?

glen
--Mark Twain.
Old Wed Jul 03, 2002, 10:11am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Gulf Coast Blue
Also............for those of you who like Intera-Wear...........Walmart has a deal on some 3-M brand material that is like Intera-Wear.

For less than $9 they have short sleeve pull over shirts that are wicking (like Intera-Wear), seem to wear cooler, they are very comfortable, and are very nice looking, with a small Starter logo on the left breast.

Check it out
Probably an extra $3 for my size