Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Mar 25, 2009, 09:54am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunNewBlue View Post
"i tell him enough, he mumbles some more, now i warn him"
To me it sounds like you warned him twice.

I agree warn em.. they WILL mumble a final thing, let them have the last word and usually it will stop. You dont need to have the last word, you are the last word.
Old Wed Mar 25, 2009, 10:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeintothem View Post
...they WILL mumble a final thing, let them have the last word and usually it will stop. You dont need to have the last word, you are the last word.
Agree, which is why I don't give "one more word..." ultimatums. (or is it ultimata? )
Old Wed Mar 25, 2009, 11:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
Agree, which is why I don't give "one more word..." ultimatums. (or is it ultimata? )
yeah... y'all taught me early... no "one more word" bullchit.
Old Wed Mar 25, 2009, 02:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunNewBlue View Post
"i tell him enough, he mumbles some more, now i warn him"
To me it sounds like you warned him twice.
the problem was that the original call was not mine, i did'nt want it too look like my partner needed defending, i knew he could'nt hear him so i needed him to address me, that's why i used the "baiting" word. the first enough was for my partner, still had my mask on, just turned my head and said "that's enough". now once he responded too me, i had him "hooked", it was now up to him what happens next, he NEW he was about to leave, he stopped. like i said, this is the only time i thought someone could say i was baiting a coach, i was curious about what others thought though, i did make the point i was trying to make, and he did figure it out.

steve
Old Wed Mar 25, 2009, 03:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri8527 View Post
the problem was that the original call was not mine, i did'nt want it too look like my partner needed defending, i knew he could'nt hear him so i needed him to address me, that's why i used the "baiting" word. the first enough was for my partner, still had my mask on, just turned my head and said "that's enough". now once he responded too me, i had him "hooked", it was now up to him what happens next, he NEW he was about to leave, he stopped. like i said, this is the only time i thought someone could say i was baiting a coach, i was curious about what others thought though, i did make the point i was trying to make, and he did figure it out.

steve
its all good... was just picking nits.
Old Fri Mar 27, 2009, 10:51pm
Official Forum Member

Obviously, I wasn't there, but I think coach was way out of line with the "wives" comment and would of tossed him. He obviously said it, for you to hear and show you up in front of the crowd. I honestly don't think we pull the trigger quick enough on ejections. I think sooner, quicker ejections is better and results in controlling the game, before it gets out of control. With that said, I have only ejected a small handful of coaches over the past 15+years.