Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 22, 2008, 11:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA
Patrick Ewing?
Who left elementary school and couldn't write.

It wasn't a question. It was and addition to: Originally Posted by Dakota
BTW, the college grads that can't write started out as HS grads that couldn't write.
Old Sat Feb 23, 2008, 02:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelVA2000
Who left elementary school and couldn't write.

It wasn't a question. It was and addition to: Originally Posted by Dakota
BTW, the college grads that can't write started out as HS grads that couldn't write.
Agree. However, any ****ing idiot can get a HS diploma. Right or wrong, there is much more value associated with ANY collegiate diploma or certificate. It is my belief that at that level, the school and an extremely well-paid staff have a responsibility to insure the integrity of the diploma.
Old Sat Feb 23, 2008, 04:09am
Official Forum Member

Look on teH bright sidE!

The season is upon us and you hobos can get on the field and come up with some interesting stuff to talk about!!

Wo0T!!1
Old Sat Feb 23, 2008, 11:01am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA
It is my belief that at that level, the school and an extremely well-paid staff have a responsibility to insure the integrity of the diploma.
Agreed, but they do not have the responsiblity to teach basics, nor would it be fair to the other students who already know the basics.

Public colleges and universities are arms of the same government that runs the secondary schools. They are all in on the scam.

I guarantee you, though, they are all experts on recycling and the cancerous growth on this planet called people and how we are all destroying the planet through global warming.
Old Sat Feb 23, 2008, 12:08pm
Official Forum Member

They are all in on the scam.

An Ivy League professor told me, "I cannot think of a bigger scam than $45,000 a year for a diploma from [I won't name his school, but if you've heard of hip-hop "artist" Cornel West and people-should-have-sex-with-animals Peter Singer, it's that one]."

In terms of government schools, Newark, New Jersey, spends $16,000 annually for each of the 44,720 "students" in its public schools—more than $200,000 for one student K through 12. For this investment, the Newark schools graduate several thousand illiterates annually.

New York City discovered that some of its teachers were putting in for phony overtime. How were they caught? The teachers had put in for hours on February 30, April 31, May 32, etc. (On the positive side, at least one person in NYC government was educated enough to recognize the erroneous dates.)

I guarantee you, though, they are all experts on recycling and the cancerous growth on this planet called people and how we are all destroying the planet through global warming.

Not to mention how toothpaste commercials oppress and exploit women and perpetuate our patriarchal system of institutionalized slavery (that's marriage to all you unenlightened).
Old Sat Feb 23, 2008, 03:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota
Agreed, but they do not have the responsiblity to teach basics, nor would it be fair to the other students who already know the basics.
No, that would be the job of the el-his.

What the real scam is that those diplomas are actually considered as a barometer of an individuals intelligence or ability to do a particular job. "And" all the real intelligent "business" persons buy into it, but not as a level of intelligence. They look for that piece of paper and think one thing, "possibly trainable".

Then again so are simians, canines, swines, cetaceans, etc.
Old Sat Feb 23, 2008, 06:08pm
Official Forum Member

They look for that piece of paper and think one thing, "possibly trainable".

One employer told me that a high school diploma is a guarantee of nothing more than that the applicant didn't get kicked out of school. He also told me that his company does test applicants, and that some people with only a high school diploma are way ahead, in knowledge and skills, of others with college degrees. Interestingly, his company does place value on the General Educational Development (GED) diploma, since it is an indication that the applicant is motivated and didn't receive a diploma simply automatically.

A high school diploma—even a junior high education—used to mean something, though.

With his eighth-grade diploma, my grandfather (b. 1889) was able to get a job as an accountant at Ford Motor Company, where he eventually became an executive.

When in 1970 I began my short career as an English teacher, our high school had perhaps the last remaining "old-time" teacher in the state. She was 65 and in her 48th year of teaching. (She was graduated in June 1923 and, with her high school diploma, started teaching at that same school in the fall. It was a small town. She taught three generations of some families.) I wish my kids could have been taught by her instead of by the ones with their master's degrees in educational mumbo jumbo.