The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Oct 01, 2007, 09:12pm
Official Forum Member

I must be bad luck

So two weeks ago, I'm behind the plate. Batter swings and knocks a good shot past F9. He pushes to start his run, and his kneecap goes 90 degrees left. Ouch.

Last week, I'm BU, and the batter hits a sharp ground ball to the shortstop. Shortstop fields it cleanly, then throws to F3. The throw was a little off, and it pegs the BR in the back of his head. He ended up being carted off on a stretcher with a nasty concussion.

And then tonight, I'm PU, and the batter hits a deep fly ball towards the fence. Yep, you see it coming. F8 kissed the fence. Hard.

Is it bad style to start carrying a rabbit's foot in your ball bag? Sheesh, it's only Monday!

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.
Old Mon Oct 01, 2007, 10:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCASAUmp
So two weeks ago, I'm behind the plate. Batter swings and knocks a good shot past F9. He pushes to start his run, and his kneecap goes 90 degrees left. Ouch.

Last week, I'm BU, and the batter hits a sharp ground ball to the shortstop. Shortstop fields it cleanly, then throws to F3. The throw was a little off, and it pegs the BR in the back of his head. He ended up being carted off on a stretcher with a nasty concussion.

And then tonight, I'm PU, and the batter hits a deep fly ball towards the fence. Yep, you see it coming. F8 kissed the fence. Hard.

Is it bad style to start carrying a rabbit's foot in your ball bag? Sheesh, it's only Monday!
If you think a rabbit's foot is lucky, just remember the rabbit.

Softball in the Bible
"In the big-inning"

Old Thu Oct 11, 2007, 02:21pm
Ref Ump Welsch

The kneecap only went 90 degrees? I had a player one night whose whole knee did the seriously ugly looking angle thing. Bottom half of his leg went one way, top half went another and the knee cap went yet another. It was butt ugly and the woman who was catching almost threw up! It was in a coed game, and the poor dude was batting.
Old Fri Oct 12, 2007, 05:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCASAUmp

You were not hurt in any of the situations you mentioned. I'd say luck was on your side.

As Jim Evans would say: Luck is where preparation meets opportunity.