The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jun 09, 2006, 11:47am
Official Forum Member

Pitching rules

In the 11-12 year old softball division, the rules state that you can pitch 18 innings a week, but must have a calendar day rest after pitching more than 1 inning. It also states the pitcher can pitch a max. of 9 innings a GAME. What is the ruling if a pitcher pitches 6 innings - then we play a double header against the same team and she comes in the 5th inning to pitch in the second game - is she legal?
Old Fri Jun 09, 2006, 12:05pm
Official Forum Member

Whose pitching rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachjaguar
In the 11-12 year old softball division, the rules state that you can pitch 18 innings a week, but must have a calendar day rest after pitching more than 1 inning. It also states the pitcher can pitch a max. of 9 innings a GAME. What is the ruling if a pitcher pitches 6 innings - then we play a double header against the same team and she comes in the 5th inning to pitch in the second game - is she legal?
While ASA has no such rules (perhaps you might have indicated what rule set you are referencing), it sounds pretty clear to me. This isn't the same game, and there hasn't been a calendar day of rest. So, the obvious conclusion is .......
Old Fri Jun 09, 2006, 01:54pm
Official Forum Member

Sorry, this is the my first post. I thought this was a "Little League" forum. I realize these rules do not exist in ASA,NSA etc. I was looking for a clarification of littleleague rules.
Old Fri Jun 09, 2006, 02:20pm
Official Forum Member

This is a softball umpire's forum, so it does include little league. I'd guess most of the umpires here are not that familiar with LL, but there are a few who are.

You may find a somewhat higher number of LL umpires on this board, but even there, the LL umpires are in the minority.
Old Fri Jun 09, 2006, 03:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachjaguar

3. Little League (Majors) Division: If doubleheaders are played, the limitation of nine (9) innings (10 innings for Junior/Senior/Big League) in a calendar day would apply to each pitcher. A pitcher who pitches in the first game may pitch in the second game provided that pitcher has eligibility remaining.

Paul