The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Mar 22, 2006, 11:14am
Official Forum Member

Learned A lesson

Conference opener, nice day, decent programs. i am BU. I make a conscious effort to stay engaged in my games. I know the count, pay attention to game SITCh, hustle,keep an active eye on the runners, all the right things. And then they tricked me. Runner on 1B, teams best hitter at bat. She had smoked 2 nice shots already. Count is 2-0. And for some reason i didn't stay focused on the Runner. I think I didn't stay focused cause it seemed not to be a steal sitch. Well she stole and and I missed her leaving early, and I mean early. i couldn't call her out cause i wasn't paying attention. But I believe in every bone in my unfocused body that girl left early. So the lesson I learned is to expect the unexpected.

Forntunately the hitter flew out and the inninng ended.
Old Wed Mar 22, 2006, 01:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chess Ref
Conference opener, nice day, decent programs. i am BU. I make a conscious effort to stay engaged in my games. I know the count, pay attention to game SITCh, hustle,keep an active eye on the runners, all the right things. And then they tricked me. Runner on 1B, teams best hitter at bat. She had smoked 2 nice shots already. Count is 2-0. And for some reason i didn't stay focused on the Runner. I think I didn't stay focused cause it seemed not to be a steal sitch. Well she stole and and I missed her leaving early, and I mean early. i couldn't call her out cause i wasn't paying attention. But I believe in every bone in my unfocused body that girl left early. So the lesson I learned is to expect the unexpected.

Forntunately the hitter flew out and the inninng ended.
Cannot help it, I've gotta ask. If you weren't paying attention enough to call the runner out for leaving early, how do you know she left early?
Old Wed Mar 22, 2006, 01:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA
Cannot help it, I've gotta ask. If you weren't paying attention enough to call the runner out for leaving early, how do you know she left early?
Because the fans and coaches said so!

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.
Old Wed Mar 22, 2006, 02:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA
She was too far down the basepath. She had average quickness. My dilemma was that i didn't do the pitcher/runner thingie so I didn't think I could call her out since I didn't see her leave early. Based on how far she was when I woke up from my siesta , I believe within a reasonable doubt she left early.