Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Nov 21, 2004, 08:19am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by UmpireErnie
Quote:
When the time limit is in play, the clock begins at the first pitch
I also agree it is hard enough to get the game started on time without waiting until the first real pitch to start the clock.. since there is already a time limit on the warm up period (i.e 3 pitches or one minute in SP) I would much rather see the time limit start when the home team takes the feild. But at least there would be a difinitve rule. I don't know if you have input in this but I would also like to see something about when the clock should STOP. Injuries? Lenghty official time outs such as batting out of order and consulting the scorebooks.. broken base.. moose on the feild (Hey, I am in Alaska! I had it happen last season! Trust me, you do NOT argue with a moose!) I have always stoped the clock in these situations but the only thing I can point to in the book for doing so is "Rule 10".

Looking forward to the 2005 Season!!

Ernie

"you do not argue with a moose"

Let the coaches do it, they are the "argue experts"!
Old Sun Nov 21, 2004, 11:15am
Official Forum Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by UmpireErnie
moose on the feild (Hey, I am in Alaska! I had it happen last season! Trust me, you do NOT argue with a moose!)

Ernie
Hell, no, you don't argue with the moose. You go to the coach who has been the most troublesome and say, "Coach, is that your moose out there?"

Before he gets a chance to respond, you continue, "Coach, that moose is ejected and if you don't have it off the field in two minutes, I'm forfeiting this game!"

#1, make sure you know this guy/gal and are confident they have a sense of humor.

#2, it will take a second to sink in, so make sure you stand there with a constant grin on your face and as soon as s/he begins to erupt, make sure they understand that you are just kidding and you are not going to forfeit the game.
Of course, you follow-up with that you at least want him to get it into the dugout.

Okay, so you may be pushing it a bit there. Now a couple of things may happen at this point. Either the coach will laugh with you, or you can expect to spend the rest of your season working the worst softball in the world.

BTW, if the opposing coach comes over and demands the forfeit you mentioned, toss 'em! They are too damn stupid to be part of any game where a moose can enter the field of play!

Old Sun Nov 21, 2004, 02:21pm
Official Forum Member

That's cooool Mike

Although I understand there are lots of "moose" involved
in the SP game. LOL
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover."
--Mark Twain.