The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Sep 18, 2003, 10:59am
Official Forum Member

Scott,
If you are as stiffed necked as your post makes you out to be. You have no business being around kids. Your remarks I find not only offensive, but also funny. As an official of other sports. I chuckle at watching you guys get bent out of shape when someone disagrees with you. It seems 2 of you are former band memebers in high school. I guess you didnt laugh at the American Pie movie. Guys lighten up. Judging from the comments here I can just about bet that when a coach disagrees with you you take it personal and probably the first words out of your mouth are " Your outta here!" Oh, and if you think intimidation is a way to change a persons opinion,then it must have been an issue for you when you were a kid.
Old Thu Sep 18, 2003, 12:24pm
Official Forum Member

Ah! a nerve has been struck. To close for comfort for the weekend warriors. Yes, that is what I have gathered so far. The ones of you who think that this issue of 3 inches should be called are the guys who havent the ability to move up to at least high school ball. Should have known when I first posed a question. Your stiff necked replies was amusing at best. Some of you guys are a real joke. I would hate to be involved in a game that you officiated. Im just glad that there are some on this board who have common sense. It at least balances out the ignorance you idiots spew when you talk about the rules. No wonder youth league sports are in the shape they are. It because of idiots like you who grew up being picked on and was never good enough to play anything above youth league ball. So you became involved in the game as a ump because you didnt have the athletic talent to play. Just as I mentioned before. Those holler monkeys in the stands who yell the loudest never played the game. Just like some of you idiots! As for the band comment.... Go hum your school fight song at the youth league complex. You wont and never will be good enough to make the big show. More than likely because you are over weight from stuffing your face with cheetos while watching a game on TV and telling your other fat buddy about how bad the umps are, and how good you are.
Old Thu Sep 18, 2003, 12:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Roger Greene
Quote:
Originally posted by IRISHMAFIA
[A lot of lurkers appeared on this one.
Oh no! Mike has demoted me to a "lurker"!

Roger Greene [/B]
Roger, Roger, Roger. I certainly hope that isn't how you handle things on the bench.

I doubt, with 401 posts, anyone including myself considers you a lurker.

Old Thu Sep 18, 2003, 12:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by archer
Ah! a nerve has been struck. To close for comfort for the weekend warriors. Yes, that is what I have gathered so far. The ones of you who think that this issue of 3 inches should be called are the guys who havent the ability to move up to at least high school ball. Should have known when I first posed a question. Your stiff necked replies was amusing at best. Some of you guys are a real joke. I would hate to be involved in a game that you officiated. Im just glad that there are some on this board who have common sense. It at least balances out the ignorance you idiots spew when you talk about the rules. No wonder youth league sports are in the shape they are. It because of idiots like you who grew up being picked on and was never good enough to play anything above youth league ball. So you became involved in the game as a ump because you didnt have the athletic talent to play. Just as I mentioned before. Those holler monkeys in the stands who yell the loudest never played the game. Just like some of you idiots! As for the band comment.... Go hum your school fight song at the youth league complex. You wont and never will be good enough to make the big show. More than likely because you are over weight from stuffing your face with cheetos while watching a game on TV and telling your other fat buddy about how bad the umps are, and how good you are.
Wow, it looks like we have an escapee from McGriffs in our midst.

Simply amazing! Scoffs, and is offended I might add, at others' posts, yet doesn't hesitate to make blind and ignorant judgments of others.

Maybe this is the type of folk for which Mick may be searching.

Old Thu Sep 18, 2003, 12:40pm
Official Forum Member

Tom:

There was a wise saying that went around on McGriff's board. Simply put, "please don't feed the trolls!"

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.
Old Thu Sep 18, 2003, 12:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Skahtboi
Tom:

There was a wise saying that went around on McGriff's board. Simply put, "please don't feed the trolls!"
Yeah, thanks for reminding me. He just got me going with his silly comments.
Old Thu Sep 18, 2003, 12:49pm
Official Forum Member

Talk about living in the past. Im surprised you didnt give me your batting average. Yep, I did escape from something. Its called the wanna be officials. I moved on from youth league. To bad none of you have the ambition to move up.
Old Thu Sep 18, 2003, 01:03pm
Official Forum Member

As a courtesy to the board, I've deleted all my off-topic posts. Doesn't change my opinion of a certain member's posts, just trying to recover a bit of civility and follow my own advice I used to post on McGriffs (as I was recently reminded).
Old Thu Sep 18, 2003, 02:42pm
Official Forum Member

archer...the board for you

Archer - check this out:

http://www.gmcgriff.com/refonline/ww.../baseball.html

If you hurry, you can get right in the middle of a flame war over something somebody wrote a few years ago!
Old Thu Sep 18, 2003, 03:02pm
Official Forum Member

I wasnt looking to get into a flame war. But it seems some people look for things that they say they find offensive. My intentions was never to get into a pissing contest, but it seems and I should have known better to try and discuss rules with youth league oficials. They are there for a reason. My mistake.....
Old Thu Sep 18, 2003, 04:13pm
Official Forum Member

What? $24?!?! Sure, I'll buy that!
Old Thu Sep 18, 2003, 06:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[A lot of lurkers appeared on this one.
Oh no! Mike has demoted me to a "lurker"!

Roger Greene
Roger, Roger, Roger. I certainly hope that isn't how you handle things on the bench.

I doubt, with 401 posts, anyone including myself considers you a lurker.

[/B]
Mike, I was trying to make a lighthearted comment. Wrong thread, I guess.

Just for the record, I may disagree with Tom on this one, but I'd call a game with him anytime if the opportunity presented itself.

I'd say, from my internet relationships with the"old time" regulars, none of them seem so insecure that that our disagreement over an interpertation of the rule of a GAME would be bigger than our electronic friendships and respect for each other.

Roger Greene
Old Thu Sep 18, 2003, 08:51pm
Official Forum Member

I'll second that, Roger - and I'm sure that the rest of the gang will too.

Did you get hammered with the weather, Roger? It looks like most of it will miss me here in north central Pa.

Steve M
Old Thu Sep 18, 2003, 09:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Mike, I was trying to make a lighthearted comment. Wrong thread, I guess.

Just for the record, I may disagree with Tom on this one, but I'd call a game with him anytime if the opportunity presented itself.

I'd say, from my internet relationships with the"old time" regulars, none of them seem so insecure that that our disagreement over an interpertation of the rule of a GAME would be bigger than our electronic friendships and respect for each other.

Roger Greene
Roger,

Didn't you see my smilie face? I understood and heartily agree with your additional comments.