The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Soccer

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Apr 10, 2013, 02:59pm
AremRed

First time!

I've been certified (NFHS) in soccer for a while, but just worked my first game (CYO) yesterday! I gave one penalty and perhaps should have given another, which is gonna haunt me for a while.

As far as equipment goes, I have a couple questions. I plan on working during warm weather for the most part, but do not want to buy 5 different color shirts. What are the best 3 color shirts to have? I have heard color popularity goes like this: gold, black, green, red, blue. Is that accurate?

Last edited by AremRed; Wed Apr 10, 2013 at 03:01pm.
Old Thu Apr 11, 2013, 12:59pm
Back from the DL

That's pretty close. You will eventually buy all five colors, as you don't want to be caught with not having everything your partners have. You'll just have to step it up.
Old Wed Apr 24, 2013, 06:47am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
I've been certified (NFHS) in soccer for a while, but just worked my first game (CYO) yesterday! I gave one penalty and perhaps should have given another, which is gonna haunt me for a while.

As far as equipment goes, I have a couple questions. I plan on working during warm weather for the most part, but do not want to buy 5 different color shirts. What are the best 3 color shirts to have? I have heard color popularity goes like this: gold, black, green, red, blue. Is that accurate?
This varies wildly with the teams in your area and your authorized HS colors (if like in my area they are different than the USSF colors). If every other team in your area wears black, don't waste money on a black shirt you're never going to use.