The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Soccer
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Aug 14, 2007, 10:39pm
Official Forum Member

Shoes

Got my new Puma turfs on the way from Eurosport. Wear the turfs in the fall and on dry days in the Spring. I switch to Adidas molded on the wet days or the fields that look more like pastures than a pitch. I work with one guy who wears Asics Runners and another who wears NB cross trainers. What shoes do y'all usually wear?
Old Wed Aug 15, 2007, 12:27am
Official Forum Member

On our hard, dry fields or the artificial turf I will wear either the asics GT series or adidas climilite running shoes. When there is decent grass I switch to the turf shoes. I have both the adidas mundial and the diadora.
When it is wet, which is very rare in this desert, I have an old pair of Lotto turfs that do well.

I would never wear molded cleats to officiate.
Old Thu Aug 16, 2007, 09:11am
Official Forum Member

I wear NB cross trainer for about 90% of games. I carry in the car, Lotto turfs and a pair with "screw in" cleats only if the field is actually muddy.
Old Thu Aug 16, 2007, 06:57pm
Official Forum Member

Picked up an inexpensive pair of Umbro molded yesterday for long grass or really wet conditions. Got a steal by the time I used a Dick's discount coupon. Let's see my uniform will be:
Score shirt
Score shorts
Adidas socks
Puma or Umbro shoes....

Think I might look like a walking brand label on the field?
Old Fri Aug 17, 2007, 07:55am
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by refnrev
Picked up an inexpensive pair of Umbro molded yesterday for long grass or really wet conditions. Got a steal by the time I used a Dick's discount coupon. Let's see my uniform will be:
Score shirt
Score shorts
Adidas socks
Puma or Umbro shoes....

Think I might look like a walking brand label on the field?
Pick up that package from the Rules Meeting? Seems like every year they keep pushing those more and more.
Old Fri Aug 17, 2007, 11:32am
Official Forum Member

Yep, but I forgot the coupon from the VB meeting. It had better deals. If you ever go and don't have your coupons tell them your an IHSA ref. I got 20% off of 2 pair of shoes and some soccer socks last year doing that. SOme salespeople will give you he discount and others won't. The stores always have extra packets with coupons in the store. Closest ones to you woud be Springfield or Evansville. By the way, did you read my post about you in the Basketball forum on the volleyball thread?
Old Wed Aug 22, 2007, 10:34pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Yep, but I forgot the coupon from the VB meeting. It had better deals. If you ever go and don't have your coupons tell them your an IHSA ref. I got 20% off of 2 pair of shoes and some soccer socks last year doing that. SOme salespeople will give you he discount and others won't. The stores always have extra packets with coupons in the store. Closest ones to you woud be Springfield or Evansville. By the way, did you read my post about you in the Basketball forum on the volleyball thread?
I think the closest for me would probably be in Champaign. That's where I'm at now!

I have not read it, however, I am going over there right now to take a look. I just got internet up here, so that's why I've been back off the board.
Old Thu Aug 23, 2007, 01:27pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
By the way, did you read my post about you in the Basketball forum on the volleyball thread?
The reply has been made.