The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 17, 2004, 03:52pm
Official Forum Member

I am in the market for some new plate and base shoes. I was planning on buying them from +POS. Now I know about their shippin problems. But I live only about a 15 minute drive away from their offices. So I won't have to experience any of the shipping hassles. Well what I was wondering is do the +POS shoes run big or small? Are their sizes the same as Nike or Reebok? I was also wondering about Spotbilt sizes also.
Old Wed Feb 18, 2004, 01:36am
Official Forum Member

I've used the low top shoes for two year, and handed them down to my son. Very good quality, and run true to size vs. Nike 10.5 for me. I've gone to the Gerry Davis patent leather shoe, which is very nice(and shiney!), but aren't quite as comfortable.

If you can cut out the shipping dept. and try them on in the store, I'd say go get 'em.
Old Wed Feb 18, 2004, 06:02am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to cowbyfan1 Send a message via Yahoo to cowbyfan1
I got the new Honig's high tops and so far I love them. They are comfortable and very light. I have a feeling the shoe laces they came with may not last long though.

Need an out, get an out. Need a run, balk it in.
Old Wed Feb 18, 2004, 09:19pm
Official Forum Member

I tell ya what, forget +pos and go with the new Honig's shoes....theyre much better and much cheaper too. Actually I have a pair of Spot Bilt plate shoes, and I absoutely love them, theyre simple but are great shoes. As far as their sizing goes, I am a 12 and I ordered 12 and they fit great
Old Fri Feb 20, 2004, 12:36pm
Official Forum Member

I like the Spot-Built mid cut plate shoe. For base shoes I look at eastbay.com always a nice selection in either Football or Baseball coaches shoes. Often they have good specials on some models.
Old Sat Feb 21, 2004, 08:21am
Official Forum Member

The +POS an Gerry Davis plate shoes are made that the same place in PA. They run true to size. I had a pair of the Honig's low cut plate shoes. The soul of the shoe pulled apart. I got the +POS high tops and I like them.
Old Sun Feb 22, 2004, 07:57am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Delaware Blue
If you don't mind a low top shoe, the Tanel360 is the most comfortable plate shoe I've ever worn. I also have a pair of their base shoes and they excellent as well.
Old Wed Feb 25, 2004, 12:39pm
Official Forum Member

Tanel 360

I've worn my Tanel's for probably ... well it's getting close to 10 years. They are a great shoe. As mentioned they are not a high-top and you need the appropriate shin guards to protect your ankle bones.

They do run a little large and have a nice wide fore-foot.
Old Fri Mar 05, 2004, 03:39pm
Official Forum Member

if you live by +POS, like i do, just go pick them up and you dont have to deal with OR pay for shipping. i have the plate shoes and love them.

as for base shoes, im looking at the New Balance ones on Honigs site. the MLB uses them, and i personally like New Balance shoes so i might try them out.
Old Fri Mar 05, 2004, 05:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by LDUB
I am in the market for some new plate and base shoes. I was planning on buying them from +POS. Now I know about their shippin problems. But I live only about a 15 minute drive away from their offices. So I won't have to experience any of the shipping hassles. Well what I was wondering is do the +POS shoes run big or small? Are their sizes the same as Nike or Reebok? I was also wondering about Spotbilt sizes also.
I've had a pair of +POS low top plate shoes for 7 years and they're still looking good, taking a great shine and the soles show very little wear. Only problem was that the very top of the tongues kept laying over from my shinguards. They eventually creased real well and one tongue top started to tear a little when I was putting them on two years ago. Solved the problem by taking a pair of scissors and cutting off both tongues at the crease. No one can see them and they still work/feel great.

As I've gotten older I've started to develop weak ankles. If I ever do have to replace my plate shoes I will probably go with a pair of high tops for extra support. BTW, my plate shoes were true to size with my regular shoes.

U007

[Edited by umpyre007 on Mar 6th, 2004 at 09:00 AM]