The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > General / Off-Topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Sep 14, 2014, 07:30pm
Official Forum Member

scoreboard locations & preferences

When you enter a venue to start officiating, do you always check where the scoreboard(s) are located?

For those sports which are timed & have periods, do you prefer a single scoreboard on one end, a center hanging scoreboard, or scoreboards on both ends?
Old Sun Sep 14, 2014, 09:08pm
Official Forum Member

Do I check where the scoreboards are? Yes, always.

Preference is scoreboard at both end. Don't think you're going to find anyone else have a preference for anything other than that.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Mon Sep 15, 2014, 01:30am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APG View Post
Do I check where the scoreboards are? Yes, always.

Preference is scoreboard at both end. Don't think you're going to find anyone else have a preference for anything other than that.
Was curious about it, cause last hockey season, in the venue I assist at, only 1 of the 2 scoreboards worked due to some cross talking issues with the venue's internet connection & the one scoreboard near by. Hopefully with the installation of new scoreboards the cross talking has been eliminated.

One of the high schools in my area has a center hanging scoreboard. As well all the high school football stadiums, I know of, only have a single scoreboard. So was a bit curious.