The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > General / Off-Topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Apr 15, 2003, 11:53am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Found this site linked from MSN.com. It's humorous, but I can't decide if it's factual or satirical. If you look at the site, make sure you check out "M.S.S. Throughout History".

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/

Just throwin' out there.
Old Tue Apr 15, 2003, 12:05pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
"We have destroyed 50 tanks today. That 5-ohhh tanks" [while holding up his fingers]
Who knew Baghdad Bob is a referee!

Quote:
"The United Nations....[is] a place for prostitution under the feet of Americans."
There are just things that everyone, everywhere, can agree on.

Quote:
"God will roast their stomachs in hell at the hands of Iraqis."
My favorite one! I curse your mustache!

Old Tue Apr 15, 2003, 12:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Found this site linked from MSN.com.
Chuck,
If I get 60 people to look at the site and they get 60 people to look at the site, do I make $60,000? BTW, where did that thread go? A few fellow zebras were ready to pummel that guy!
Old Tue Apr 15, 2003, 12:46pm
certified Hot Mom tester

I don't think it's a satire. I remember seeing some of those quotes on the news. OK, it was on CNN, which isn't really the news, but I think the quotes are real anyway.
Old Tue Apr 15, 2003, 01:11pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to PGCougar
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
I don't think it's a satire. I remember seeing some of those quotes on the news. OK, it was on CNN, which isn't really the news, but I think the quotes are real anyway.
Many, if not all, of the quotes are real! I remember seeing them as well.

I really love the MSS Throughout History link, especially the Pickett's charge. The site is a real hoot!
Old Wed Apr 16, 2003, 08:11am
Official Forum Member

Phone the kids, wake the neighbors! If you liked the website I posted at the beginning of the thread, then PLEASE check out http://espn.go.com/page2/s/caple/030415.html

It has quite possibly the best home run call ever. It's a must-read for Dan, even if nobody else is interested.
Old Wed Apr 16, 2003, 09:38am
In Memoriam

Thumbs up

Hire the guy! I like him.
Old Wed Apr 16, 2003, 09:41am
Official Forum Member

Hey Chuck, that was the funniest thing I've read since I looked over my tax returns yesterday before mailing them...wait...did I say that? Thanks! LOL!!

Let the immortal words of the speaker of truth be forever carved into the minds of the evil infidels, the Red Sox fans! I shall beat their heads with my shoe! Praise Steinbrenner!

ORDER THE SERVANTS TO ROAST THE FATTED CALF AND LAY OUT THE SATIN SHEETS, THE VESTAL VIRGINS HAVE ENTERED THE PALACE!!!! The Yankees lead is 12 runs and Martinez has collapsed on the mound! BOO-YAH!!!
Old Wed Apr 16, 2003, 11:14am
Official Forum Member

We need this guy out here in Phoenix to start broadcasting Diamondbacks games!!!!!
Old Wed Apr 16, 2003, 11:33am
Official Forum Member

ORDER THE SERVANTS TO ROAST THE FATTED CALF AND LAY OUT THE SATIN SHEETS, THE VESTAL VIRGINS HAVE ENTERED THE PALACE!!!! The Yankees lead is 12 runs and Martinez has collapsed on the mound! BOO-YAH!!!
I knew you'd like that, Dan! One funny thing about this is that it is clearly based on the SportsCenter narration of Kenny Mayne and Stuart Scott. Mayne likes to say stuff like "prepare the finest meats and cheeses. . ." when showing a home run, and Scott is known for his Boo-yah! Sadly, they are my two LEAST favorite anchors on ESPN. I think Mayne's shouting is stupid and never makes any sense at all. Meats and cheeses? Tastes like chicken? He's horrible. And Scott's "homeboy" routine (while wearing his $500 suit) wears thin after about 30 seconds (or 35 seconds if you're watching Men's highlights).

But when M.S.S. does it, it's hysterical.
Old Wed Apr 16, 2003, 11:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy
We need this guy out here in Phoenix to start broadcasting Diamondbacks games!!!!!
Hey Andy, not even Bagdhad Bob can make the Snakes look good this year...I think if he was in Phoenix he would have hit he exits already.

Just sayin'
Old Thu Apr 17, 2003, 06:25am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
I knew you'd like that, Dan! One funny thing about this is that it is clearly based on the SportsCenter narration of Kenny Mayne and Stuart Scott. Mayne likes to say stuff like "prepare the finest meats and cheeses. . ." when showing a home run, and Scott is known for his Boo-yah! Sadly, they are my two LEAST favorite anchors on ESPN. I think Mayne's shouting is stupid and never makes any sense at all. Meats and cheeses? Tastes like chicken? He's horrible. And Scott's "homeboy" routine (while wearing his $500 suit) wears thin after about 30 seconds (or 35 seconds if you're watching Men's highlights).

But when M.S.S. does it, it's hysterical.
Scott should be fired. I actually mute the sound when he is one of the commentators. I think an accurate comparision would be Homer Simpson doing sports highlights.
Old Thu Apr 17, 2003, 10:03am
Official Forum Member

I'm afraid I have some bad news. I've edited slightly, but the story comes from foxnews.com.

Quote:
WASHINGTON — It could just be more of Iraqi Information Minister Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf's trademark disinformation, but there were reports this week that he committed suicide.

Two Iranian newspapers reported that Saddam's notorious spinmeister, whose outlandish briefings on the state of the Iraq war earned him the nickname "Comical Ali," hanged himself shortly after the fall of Baghdad last week.

Al-Sahhaf was said to have hanged himself last Wednesday, hours after U.S. forces took control of Baghdad.

Are these reports accurate? Or were they planted by the master of disinformation himself in the hope that U.S. forces won't look for him?

Al-Sahhaf has become something of a cult figure as he continued to insist that, as U.S. forces stormed into Iraq and raced toward Baghdad, "the infidels" were being "slaughtered."
Old Thu Apr 17, 2003, 11:18am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy
Hey Andy, not even Bagdhad Bob can make the Snakes look good this year...I think if he was in Phoenix he would have hit he exits already.

Just sayin'
Boy, beat the Yankees in a World Series one year and some people just can't let it go........
Old Thu Apr 17, 2003, 01:59pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up Great Link Chuck!

It seems they are updating the site with more stuff. If you haven't seen it today, they have some sample jobs this guy could take. I am still laughing.