The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > General / Off-Topic

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old Wed Oct 19, 2016, 02:09pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,914
Clicking Names and getting Wrong Profile

Why is it that when someone clicks on my username to see my profile, it goes to a user named Wearin' Stripes?
__________________
If you ain't first, you're LAST!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old Wed Oct 19, 2016, 04:38pm
Archaic Power Monger
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 5,936
I sent a message to the admins for you. Hopefully they can figure something out.
__________________
Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old Wed Oct 19, 2016, 07:20pm
Statisitican/Ref hybrid
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes View Post
Why is it that when someone clicks on my username to see my profile, it goes to a user named Wearin' Stripes?
My profile has been the same way for a while. Clicking on my link displays "Dan the Man" for some reason.
__________________
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." – Dalai Lama

The center of attention as the lead & trail. – me
Games officiated - Basketball: 250, Softball: 22.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old Thu Oct 20, 2016, 11:19am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stat-Man View Post
My profile has been the same way for a while. Clicking on my link displays "Dan the Man" for some reason.
I saw another one a week or two ago that also went to the wrong profile, but I can't remember who it was. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the ampersand in my name, and maybe the dash in your name, that causes this.
__________________
If you ain't first, you're LAST!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old Thu Oct 20, 2016, 11:57am
Archaic Power Monger
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 5,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes View Post
I saw another one a week or two ago that also went to the wrong profile, but I can't remember who it was. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the ampersand in my name, and maybe the dash in your name, that causes this.
That is my suspicion as well that the different characters are causing the links to resolve improperly.
__________________
Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old Fri Oct 21, 2016, 12:29pm
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes View Post
I saw another one a week or two ago that also went to the wrong profile, but I can't remember who it was. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the ampersand in my name, and maybe the dash in your name, that causes this.
I think it probably does, but it shouldn't do that at all. We're looking into it and seeing if it's something we can fix.
__________________
Jeff Wigal
BlueZebra Sports
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old Mon Dec 19, 2016, 08:34pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwigal View Post
I think it probably does, but it shouldn't do that at all. We're looking into it and seeing if it's something we can fix.
Any progress on fixing this?
__________________
If you ain't first, you're LAST!!!
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old Tue Dec 20, 2016, 07:23pm
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 9
I took a look at it, and unfortunately there isn't a quick fix for this.

There are some underlying issues that can only be solved by switching the forum to a different platform. We're looking into it... will announce more when we have something more concrete to share.
__________________
Jeff Wigal
BlueZebra Sports
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old Tue Dec 20, 2016, 07:24pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwigal View Post
I took a look at it, and unfortunately there isn't a quick fix for this.

There are some underlying issues that can only be solved by switching the forum to a different platform. We're looking into it... will announce more when we have something more concrete to share.
OK, in the meantime, it is possible to change my name to Whistles N Stripes to see if that cures anything?
__________________
If you ain't first, you're LAST!!!
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old Sun Jan 01, 2017, 07:23pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SE Ohio
Posts: 859
just dont put "drop_table" in your name lol.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's the best low-profile officials/referee hat? DCRef Football 3 Fri Mar 22, 2013 03:25pm
profile Papamilnes08 General / Off-Topic 1 Sat Jan 30, 2010 05:40pm
Low Profile Masks rmiszta Softball 3 Mon Mar 09, 2009 06:54pm
OT: Profile pages Scrapper1 Basketball 15 Mon Feb 09, 2009 09:23pm
Can't Edit my profile dansaintandre Feedback 1 Tue Nov 27, 2001 04:31pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17am.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1