The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   General / Off-Topic (https://forum.officiating.com/general-off-topic/)
-   -   Clicking Names and getting Wrong Profile (https://forum.officiating.com/general-off-topic/101743-clicking-names-getting-wrong-profile.html)

WhistlesAndStripes Wed Oct 19, 2016 02:09pm

Clicking Names and getting Wrong Profile

Why is it that when someone clicks on my username to see my profile, it goes to a user named Wearin' Stripes?

Welpe Wed Oct 19, 2016 04:38pm

I sent a message to the admins for you. Hopefully they can figure something out.

Stat-Man Wed Oct 19, 2016 07:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes (Post 992091)
Why is it that when someone clicks on my username to see my profile, it goes to a user named Wearin' Stripes?

My profile has been the same way for a while. Clicking on my link displays "Dan the Man" for some reason. :confused:

WhistlesAndStripes Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stat-Man (Post 992116)
My profile has been the same way for a while. Clicking on my link displays "Dan the Man" for some reason. :confused:

I saw another one a week or two ago that also went to the wrong profile, but I can't remember who it was. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the ampersand in my name, and maybe the dash in your name, that causes this.

Welpe Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:57am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes (Post 992143)
I saw another one a week or two ago that also went to the wrong profile, but I can't remember who it was. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the ampersand in my name, and maybe the dash in your name, that causes this.

That is my suspicion as well that the different characters are causing the links to resolve improperly.

jeffwigal Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes (Post 992143)

I think it probably does, but it shouldn't do that at all. We're looking into it and seeing if it's something we can fix.

WhistlesAndStripes Mon Dec 19, 2016 08:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffwigal (Post 992177)
I think it probably does, but it shouldn't do that at all. We're looking into it and seeing if it's something we can fix.

Any progress on fixing this?

jeffwigal Tue Dec 20, 2016 07:23pm

I took a look at it, and unfortunately there isn't a quick fix for this.

There are some underlying issues that can only be solved by switching the forum to a different platform. We're looking into it... will announce more when we have something more concrete to share.

WhistlesAndStripes Tue Dec 20, 2016 07:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffwigal (Post 995378)
I took a look at it, and unfortunately there isn't a quick fix for this.

There are some underlying issues that can only be solved by switching the forum to a different platform. We're looking into it... will announce more when we have something more concrete to share.

OK, in the meantime, it is possible to change my name to Whistles N Stripes to see if that cures anything?

SNIPERBBB Sun Jan 01, 2017 07:23pm

just dont put "drop_table" in your name lol.